You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Let us remember this great player today on his date of birth.

Don Bradman. a great Cricketer from Australia was born on 27th August 1908. Today is his 110th birthday. Google honoured him today by making him Google Doodle. He died on 25/2/2001. He is very well known for his cricketing abilities. At the age of 20, Bradman played his international match for Australia against England in 1928and played his last match against the same country in 1948. He scored 6996 runs in 52 Test matches at an average of 99.94 runs. The Australian cricketer continues to hold a number of records even today. Some of his records were broken by our Indian great cricketer Sachin. Let us pay our regards to this batsman on his birthday.
    Yes today morning I had spotted the Google Doodle displaying in the honor of Don Bradman. He was the Pitha Maha of the cricket and Sachin always considered him his guru. On his 110 birthday the whole cricket world wish him.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Don Bradman, a name I heard but never seen him playing cricket. I don't watch cricket and don't know much about the past cricket players. As per you, he played his last match in the year 1948. I took birth on this earth after many years of his last cricket. Anyway, I wish him on his 110th birthday.

@ Great people leave this good earth, but they live in our good heart. Don Bradman is a Don of cricket and a branded man in cricket.

No life without Sun

Don Bradman is the all-time greatest batsman of the world. If he could score 4 runs (instead of zero) in his last Test Inning, his average would be 100+ instead of 99.96. At the time of Bradman, very few Tests were played. Not only that, he could not play any test from 1939 to 1945 during the Second World War. He played his last Test at 40+. He never played in India but played 5 Tests against Lala Amarnath's India in 1947-48 series. He was truly a run machine.
    On his birthday, my respect to this all-time great batsman.

Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.