You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Do you want others to be your fan or the followers ?

We normally think that the Icons or the famous personalities would have fans and followers. But even best among the ordinary citizens have their fans and followers just because of their nice and adorable behavior with others. We may not know our advantages being seen as the blessing for others and they do follow us closely. What I want to ask here that , with your character, approach and the moving with others, do you want build up a fan following or the real followers. Fans need not follow your ideals, but the followers certainly want to ape your thoughts.
    Nothing, absolutely nothing. I only want that the others acknowledge me or my presence. I am satisfied if I am not ignored. That is enough for me.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

If others acknowledge and take note of your presence is indirectly fan following.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I like others to be my well wishers, not a fan or follower. I won't mind even if they ignore me or hate me. It is only my family, my relatives and friends who will be with me. They will be my fan forever, but may or may not be a follower.
    No life without Sun

If people ignore or hate you my Sun, how can they be your well wishers ?
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Ignoring and hating are not similar. Many people like to be hated, but not to be ignored. Hating a person means that the man/woman is being followed. Ignoring a person means that the person has no relevance.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

I earnestly discourage any kind of following, because following others makes one dependent. And if one craves for a good fan following, that too, ultimately leads to a life which is not truly original.

If one have to closely watch one's words & actions all the time, that itself suggests that one is more focused outside than inside.

If there is something to learn from others, I would learn that & won't care about the person. Likewise, if I have something to teach to a student, I tell the student (one is eager to learn), to focus on the learning, I am not important.

"If you want to make real progress, you must give up all ideas of personal attainment".

I think I am not such a great man to have fans and followers. I may not be having either of them. But I want the good wishes and blessings of all the people so that I will have a happy and pleasant life. I am not a public figure nor I am a special man. I am one among many other human beings. As such how can I expect some fans or followers?
    I don't live for others. I live my life but sometimes I may be doing a little piece of good work by helping the people in need. That should not allow me to think that someone should be my fan or follower. I want good advice from the learned people so that I can correct myself.

drrao
    always confident

To be on truthful side, neither the fan nor the followers. I do feel that I can't be compared with those who can be referred to as big in the society & also being remain down to earth make me feel delighted. In addition, It's good to try for complete detachment from this materialistic world & therefore no intentions to have any expectations of whatsoever.

Mohan,
    Hating and ignoring is different than well wishing. Only thing is that they can ignore or hate but should not curse.

@ Well wishing X cursing !

No life without Sun

• Sign In to post your comments