You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Good to see our Income Tax department working smartly

Members,
    I have submitted my income tax return in the month of June 2018 online. Though I received the acknowledgement number, my return was not processed till 10th August. I was told that my ITR V has not been received and not verified. I was asked to verify it within 120 days failing which I would be penalised with Rs. 5000/-. I tried hard and validated it using my Aadhaar number. I was successful. My ITR V got verified. Now, I have been issued with a certificate and my amount due has been refunded on 24th August 2018.

In the earlier days, IT dept used to take many months to refund the amount. Now things have changed, and amount refunded without any delay.

Have you filed your income tax return and got your refund or paid the excess tax dues to the government?

@ Our IT department is a smart working organisation now.
    My both the sons got back their excess tax paid. But mine and my wife's money has not at completed. Still we are waiting.
    drrao
    always confident

Yes after the IT department fully gone on line, the payees are not bothered no more and they need not depend on the CA or any one else. Just following the dotted lines one can file IT returns with ease.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments