You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

What is a problem? Define a problem.

We often talk too much about problems - family problem; health problem; technical problem; political or financial problem; etc.

But what is a problem, how will you define a problem?
    Is it true that in reality problems don't exist, it's the mind that first creates the problem & than strives to find its solution. And therefore try to make life meaningful.

When we were born, there were no problems, although the world still existed. But because the mind was not fully operational, no problems existed for us

"If you want to make real progress, you must give up all ideas of personal attainment".

This got the direct link with the "solution" or with the "answer". Means any hanged-up situations not having with the "solution" or with the "answer" can be called or referred to as "problem". For an instance, I have to reach my home on time is the need of the hour & not a problem but this could only be my problem when the circumstances doesn't let me reach their on time.

Yes, that is the whole point. If things don't happen our way, is that a problem?

What happens if things don't happen our way, which happens often. Do we die immediately? No. Life goes on.
    So is it not true that we actually imagine problems.

"If you want to make real progress, you must give up all ideas of personal attainment".

In simple language, I would say that Problem is nothing but an unanswered/unsolved question for which we need to find answers and solutions. Problem is a mathematical word to get solved by any means. Every problem will have a solution. There is no problem without any solution.
    No life without Sun

Not able accomplish the desired result is the problem. You aim at a particular point. But not able to reach the aim. It is a problem. Any problem can be solved by attempting to solve the problem in the most possible way. We should not leave any problem without attempting. A proper thinking about the procedure to be adopted for attaining the desired result and following the road map made will make you to achieve the goal. Sitting on a problem for long without thinking to solve is not good for anybody. No human being will be free from these problems. But the way you want look at it is important. There are no problems which can't be solved by the human beings.
    drrao
    always confident

Right Sir, the whole point is - how we look at the situation.

Hi, Problem is an alert or indication that tells there is something wrong or unbalanced happened. So instead of fearing from that alert or problem we should find the way to solve them. If problem don't exist then only ultimate happens i.e we can only see results and never know why and how of it. Then we are bound and helpless to make changes. In my opinion problem is basic for every solution. Only problem is we see problem as a problem not a tool that can be used to solve itself.
    Regards
    Kamal

#646974, the whole concept is easy to understand wherein everything around us whether in existence or non-existence, whether living or dead have been carried away with our perceptions only in which we have created an identity for any of the matter which we can see or we can't see. In another instance & as I have never met to any of the members here but still have come-up with few perceptions for few of them & accordingly I have generated an idea or image which could be partially wrong or partially right or completely right or completely wrong.

And so in fact I am in agreement with the author here that "we actually imagine problems".

• Sign In to post your comments