You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Why SBI is charging more than any other bank?

SBI is the major bank of India which has most number of branches in India. Recently many nationalised banks united with this bank. Recently as I needed this banks account I reactivated one of my SBH account which was merged with SBI now. But I came to know a minimum of Rs.3000 has to be maintained in this account otherwise a fine will be imposed. As I needed cheque facility I applied for it. They sent this cheque book and debited an amount of Rs. 88.50. But I have accounts in IOB, Andhra Bank and Syndicate bank where the minimum balance to be maintained is only Rs.500 without cheque book facility and Rs.1000 if cheque book facility is there. ATM and cheque book facility is free in these banks. Why SBI is charging more when compared to other banks?
    What I feel that after taking over SBH, the earlier SBI has become much bigger and virtually controls the central, state and the panchayath level government accounts apart from many Individual accounts. And that made this bank head strong and either too it was giving good service without profit margin and now it is dictating terms to the customers for every transaction it want to earn profit. In one of the branch, the cheques are bounced citing some reason or the other the charges are collected from the accounts of the clients and thus SBI has got bad reputation in Hyderabad.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

These charges are varying from Bank to Bank. I have an account in HDFC Bank. There also the charges are high and I think they are more than SBI also. Anyhow I am also feeling that these charges are very high and the RBI should come out with a uniform policy with minimum charges. Otherwise a common man is suffering. The government should go for helping the common man and see that the people will get confidence in banking system. I am sure that government will do something to reduce the problems to the public in connection with banking sector.
    drrao
    always confident

Current charges of SBI as being displayed at an ATM of SBI in the image attached.
    When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

Delete Attachment

Mr.Gypsy go through this image to know present minimum balance in SBI:-

Delete Attachment

When the central government urged every one to join and have a account during Jan Dhan Yojana and at that time even banks were told not to insist for minimum balance. Now that is not questioned.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments