You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

She is used to overcome difficulties

Her father is a rickshaw-puller in the Jalpaiguri town of North Bengal. Her mother works in a tea-garden. Her family is very poor. She was born with six toes in every foot. Her family could not afford her a sports-shoe during her initial training.

She shifted from track event (running) to the most difficult athletics event, i.e., Heptathlon. Due to various reasons, injury has been her constant companion throughout her career. But she has been going on fighting her injury and her fate.

Her coaches understood that she is meant for bigger things when she won Heptathlon at the 2017 Asian Athletics Championship. She continued training hard.

She had been suffering from excessive pain in her gum before the final event. But she refused to take treatment. She completed her final event with a bandaged jaw.

Swapna Burman has made the country proud winning the gold in Heptathlon in the Asiad. Not only me, crores of Indians are saluting her.

(P.S.: Just now watched the video of her mother thanking the Almighty after her final event in their small residence at the outskirt of Jalpaiguri town).
    Billions go with the life but only few got remembered & only they became the inspirations for many of us in the years to come. While thanking the author for bringing up with the story of Swapna Burman & at the same time wish to congratulate her for her winning the gold in Heptathlon in the Asiad.

Through this forum, I am extending my best wishes and congrats to Swapna Burman who made the country proud by winning the gold in Heptathlon in the Asian Games. And after reading the brief history of her personal life, my thoughts are with her for the determination and aim to become big and she achieved the glorious feat and brought name and fame for the country, Normally Heptathlon is the male-dominated sports and even in that Swapna has shown her grit and valour.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

While I feel proud of Swapna Burman for excelling in the field of sports and winning the gold in Heptathlon race, despite her physical ailment, I would also request the author Mr Partha to attache the image of the sportswomen for us to remember her better by a look.

@ In a separate thread, I have suggested to attach the image of the person we discuss.

No life without Sun

This is a specific example to prove that hard work and determination will make you successful in all your endeavours. Lack of money and support will never stop you from victory. We all should be proud of her and we should appreciate her efforts in making the best performance. India should recognise such hidden talents and encourage them so that we will have excellent sports persons. I wish her a glorious future.
    drrao
    always confident

I congratulate Swapna Burman, through this thread, for winning the gold at Heptathlon in the Asiad. It's sheer hard work and perseverance that made her to achieve this feet. When there is a talent hidden inside, nobody can stop it to bloom. Here opportunity and time also play a very important role but nevertheless, it's the individual who makes the difference by utilizing the opportunity in an exciting way.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.