You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Competition Entries

We need escape velocity for fly(ing)

She wanted to fly, she liked aircraft, she thought of becoming a pilot, but her parents refused to it. They said a girl from a conservative family should not think in that way. She obliged, studied hard, got a government job, but still passionate about aircraft and now she wants her son to become a pilot.

This was the scenario in any middle class Indian family, though it is changing with times. The hopes of a child are dashed at the very beginning and at times because of obvious family pressure. Everybody wants to fly high and come out with flying colours, but for many, success remains elusive. They think their wings are clipped by somebody else and hesitate to try things for one more time. We read a lot of success stories, but in almost all the stories a failure is hidden between the lines. Success is always glorified but we hardly try to learn how it is achieved. There is a tendency among many of us to not give something new a try. It's because of the fear of what others might think if we do not succeed. We think of our own success in terms of others thought about us and loose hope in the middle. We love to stay inside a triangle consisting of NO, I CANNOT & IMPOSSIBLE at each side. It is this imaginary triangle that limits the possibilities. Those who have the 'escape velocity' come out of the triangle with flying colours. Now what is the diet for gaining this escape velocity? It's hard work, perseverance, sticking to the objective and happiness of mind. There cannot be any shortcut to fly(ing).

This is my entry to the TOW Contest
    Yes even I want to become a airman but unfortunately not selected for some reason. Every one things of flying eye and not every one destined to get the chance.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mohan Sir, I think there is a typo in your response. It will be 'high' instead of eye.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

The desires are to be realised. It requires a lot of commitment, dedication and hard work. If we desire strongly we will get the strength. If there is a will there is a way. Here the important point is 'will'. As mentioned by the author some people feel happy if others recognises their victory. Those will have a fear to face defeat. With a fear of defeat they will never go forward.
    drrao
    always confident

Well I am of the opinion that, "where there is a will there is a way". The accepting defeat & give-up the things are easy but the winners have different ways of doing the things & so they tend to achieve success but for the others it's not the case. True to its fact that, "It's hard work, perseverance, sticking to the objective and happiness of mind which is the need of the hour & in between there cannot be any shortcut to fly(ing) ".

It is basically a battle fought within the mind. With a positive attitude, we can do wonders. We can overcome all sorts of problems and resistances. We have to win the mind battle. We require the requisite escape velocity to escape from the pull which always tries to take us towards negativity and failure.

A good entry!

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

A very serious scientific matter of 'escape velocity' narrated very lucidly. Though said in a simple way, scientists only know how difficult it is to gather the escape velocity in space and inter planetary missions.
    Appreciation to the author in sing the scientific term to explain and solve our daily real life issues.

• Sign In to post your comments