You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

How to insert an image or add an image to a response to an article/resource at ISC?

I want to insert an image in my response to an article/resource. Is it allowed? If it is allowed, then I would like to know how it can be done.

If it is not allowed, then is adding the image as an attachment allowed? If it is allowed, then I would like to know how it can be done.
    It is not possible to add image or any illustration with the response in the resource section as there is no attachment provisions made in the articles we submit.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

As far as I know, it is not possible to insert an image or link to any other article/post as article response. I had tried to give link(s) as part of the article response many times, but these were not accepted.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Article responses can be edited, but no image can be attached. Articles require only comments, not any images, I think. I never tried. I shall try. If successful, I will let you know.
    @ You are an expert and a technical savvy. If you cannot do it, who else can do it?

No life without Sun

Hi Images can be added easily. As per the instruction below the comment box it is stated that "No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed".
    Other wise we can just use tag that comes with HTML. Below is not uploaded attachment but inserted image using simple tag.

Regards
    Kamal

Kamal Kishore,
    It is not the question of attaching images in this forum section. It is for the Article section(I repeat) Article section Responses to the Articles as comments.

No life without Sun

I have also tried to add an image to a response to an article. But it is not possible. Nowhere it is mentioned how to add an image to an article response. May be this provision is not given.
    drrao
    always confident

Sun, I am sorry for the incomplete previous response. I am saying that same procedure is applied to the article section also but It needs some higher level membership. This is what I got while adding image in resources section 'Your membership level is not qualified to use HTML in resource responses'. If membership level permits then we can use tag.
    Regards
    Kamal

Inserting/attaching image to the resource responses is not allowed. You won't be able to do it.
    regards,
    Tony John
    Webmaster - IndiaStudyChannel.com

Tony,

I have an important piece of information about an article in ISC. Some information given in that article is outdated and has been proven wrong by IIT Madras. To prove my point, I need to insert an image of a newspaper article (of course, with due credits to the newspaper and the author). Don't you think inserting an image in a resource response should be allowed?

When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

Gypsy,

There could be many valid scenarios where an attachment makes sense but due to various limitations and concerns on managing the attachments, we have decided not to allow the same. You may provide your response and also mention the URL you are referring to.

regards,
    Tony John
    Webmaster - IndiaStudyChannel.com

Fine, thank you!

The thread may be locked if and when deemed fit.

When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.