You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Competition Entries

My paper plane will never fly

The wind was particularly strong that afternoon. My classmates and I came out of the exam hall with long faces. One of us brilliantly, folded his question paper into a plane and flew it. Soon everyone followed. I was never good at paper craft. My plane didn't fly. Soon everyone started mocking me- "Aditya can't fly a paper plane".
    Drumming thunders interrupted our activity. Everyone ran to find a shelter. Rain finally subdued in an hour. There lied my paper plane, in a puddle, acting as a raft to a tired tadpole.
    I watched my failure of a plane with pride.

(This an entry for TOW contest)
    What a well written short story of paper plane that could not fly , but turned into a raft for a tadpole. Good imagination, Aditya Mohan.

@ Choti se plain plane story.

No life without Sun

Wow some times our inability to do things in proper way would be blessing in disguise for others and we think we are failure, but for that moment we are god sent to the cause.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Very interesting piece of prose by the author. Nice presentation of students behaviour after the exam and their carefree minds to enjoy the moments.

The simple plane folded out of the paper and it's flying is imaginatively put up.

Knowledge is power.

We used to make paper planes and made to fly them. This is a good time passing activity for many children. When it is raining we used to make boats with paper and put them in stagnated waters. The movement was used to be watched by many children and pass time. A good presentation by the author.
    drrao
    always confident

Many decades back, I used to see the paper planes in old cinema theatres in which the roof top was a material that can be punched easily with a sharp paper edge.. The audience get peanuts in a paper fold, and after eating the peanuts, they make it a paper plane and send it to the roof. They get fixed there. One will find hundreds of paper planes fitted to the roof.
    No life without Sun

Wow Sun. One more evidence that our forefathers enjoyed life much more than us.
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

• Sign In to post your comments