You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

LGBTQ community has a reason to celebrate - SC strikes down law criminalising homosexuality!

Today, a few moments back, in a historic judgement, a five-judge Constitution Bench (including a woman judge) of The Supreme Court struck down section 377. It decriminalised homosexuality by striking down the colonial-era provisions of Section 377 of IPC (Indian Penal Code).

What are your views regarding the same?
    The kind of judgement was expected as whole lots of petitions were seen in the social media since yesterday evening and the public voice has been prevailed. Great decision.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

The outcome is expected. The way the proceedings went many expected the same. The judgment is on the way it is felt reasonable by all. Any many of the people will appreciate the decision I think. Anyhow good going.
    drrao
    always confident

The real change has yet to come. This is just one tiny step forward. The real change will come when society changes – there needs to be acceptance across all stratum. We need to strike down 377 from our home too. Are families ready to do that?
    "A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

I think the citizens too will feel easy to accept queers and non binary sexes after this judgement. In a country like ours, protests are only held until a judgement is passed. Once a law is passed we become peaceful, sometimes we abide it and sometimes we don't but not very often I've seen unrest after a judgement was passed.

I can't imagine how many people were living in shadows for this long, fearing the law. They can all breathe freely in this new air of freedom.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

It is a good judgement and now it will also make the things to go ahead in a developing direction.

Slowly we will have good mixing and more acceptance of these people in our society.

It is required that we treat these people as fellow humans in this world just like our normal neighbours.

Knowledge is power.

• Sign In to post your comments