You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Reward Programs

The AB Challenge Quiz - think, solve, win prizes!

Are you an expert at brand names? No matter! Do try your hand at this challenge to identify brands. Test your knowledge of products, services and names of companies and grab the chance to win cash awards. Closing time: 11 a.m., 10th September 2018.

No, this is not a quiz on a Bollywood superstar! It is an Alphabetical Brand Challenge (ABC) quiz, wherein you need to interpret the clue and answer which brand it refers to. Every clue gives some hint of the answer and may even be associated with a tagline or an advertisement of the brand/product.

What you have to do: See the attached Word document (one page). Send your answers only once to my gmail ID which is iscmecontests (a second email will not be accepted). Then post a response to this thread, mentioning that you have sent your entry so that you can be credited with points & cc for your correct answers. I will let you know in case I do not receive your entry.

Please send only the list of answers and not the clues. Leave a blank for an answer you do not know. Do not submit your answers in this thread. You are also requested not to mention whether it was an easy or a difficult challenge as this may discourage others from participating. We will have a separate thread when the answers are revealed for you to understand the clues given & to give feedback.

Prizes: Everyone who participates will get 1 point and Re.1/- for every correct answer. The participant with the highest points will get Rs.100/- and 50 points, provided at least a minimum of 15 are correct. Otherwise, the maximum prize award will be Rs.80/- and 40 points. Up to three participants can win the top prize, as per the time of their email received of their answers. The next highest will get Rs.70/- and 35 points and the next Rs.60/- and 30 points.

Note: A couple of the answers are hyphenated ones, for which there is no half-point. The entire hyphenated answer should be correct, otherwise, it will be given zero points. The answers should match the answer key. Disputes, if any, will be resolved in consultation with other jury members & their decision will be final.

Closing date and time: 11a.m, 10th September 2018 (IST).
  • The AB Challenge Quiz (161199-1-The-AB-Challenge-Quiz.doc)
    Very Important: Everyone please note the Gmail ID is iscmecontests. I have updated the Word doc. attached, which had the incorrect ID (though the correct one is mentioned in the announcement text above). So please ensure that you do send it to the right Gmail ID. Sorry for the typo error in the Word doc.
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Ive sent my answers. It was fun participating. Waiting for the results eagerly.
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Aditya,

I have received your entry. As you are well aware, having participated in previous such quizzes, only one email entry is accepted. A second email correcting an answer will not be accepted. This has been updated in the announcement to make this clear.

Note to the participants - in case you did send your entry to the email ID first mentioned in the Word doc., then in your response to this thread, let us know the time you sent it and mention the email ID where you sent it. If that was the incorrect email ID first mentioned in the Word doc, then we will consider your entry to the correct email ID as being logged in at the time sent there.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Thanks for notifying Vandana. I am sorry for the mistake.
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

I have sent my answers to the above mentioned email-id.

Soundharya,

I have received your entry.

I have sent my entry at 1900 hrs today.
    Please acknowledge.

Knowledge is power.

Yes, Umesh, I have received your entry to the contest.

I just mailed my answers, at 19:49 hours. Kindly acknowledge the same.
    "A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

I have just sent my entry to the contest at 9:07 PM.
    Kindly acknowledge the same.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

I have sent in my answers for this contest at 22:00 hours. Please acknowledge. thanks

I have sent my answers at 12:55 AM
    Patience and perseverance pays

Madam just now I sent answers, did you receive my mail?

Vandana, a few seconds ago, I have sent my entry to the contest by email. Please do acknowledge receipt.

Madam,
    I have mailed my answers at 0915 hrs. Kindly confirm receipt.

No life without Sun

Managing Editor,
    Just now I have sent the mail with my answers. Hope you are in receipt of the same. I request you to kindly acknowledge the same,

drrao
    always confident

Just now sent my entry on (9.58AM).
    Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

Received the following entries as well after that of Umesh -
    1. Juana
    2. Neeru
    3. Natarajan
    4. Dhruv
    5. Rosie
    6. AB Sivakumar
    7. Sun
    8. Dr. Rao
    9. Padmini

Those wishing to participate note that closing time is approaching - hurry!

Hello Vandana Mam,
    I have sent my answers just now. Please acknowledge the same.

Regards
    Rizwan

I have sent to the E-mail please check
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

Syed Rizwan, I have received your entry in time.

Bhushan, your entry was received one minute late at 11.01 and hence it will not be considered for the contest.

Many thanks to all the participants. The answers and winners will be announced once the points are tallied. A separate thread on how to interpret the clues will also be posted on that day and in that thread, you can give your feedback and suggestions for similar such contests. Till then, please do not discuss any aspect of this contest.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.

Submit New Thread
    Return to Return to Discussion Forum