You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

A day of a Great Indian to remember on this day

Members,
    Today is 11 September. It is a day to remember the good and bad events that happened in the world. Today is the day when The Great Indian Monk Swami Vivekananda delivered his first lecture in a Religious meet at Chicago in America in the year 1893, on 11 September. His inspiring speech attracted the whole world.

Unlike the normal addressing of any gathering with 'Ladies and Gentlemen", he addressed the gathering staring with special words " Sisters and Brothers", not "Brothers and Sisters." Thus he has shown his respect to the female by giving priority to the females in the first place.

I place here the extract of his starting speech.

Quote "Sisters and Brothers of America,
    It fills my heart with joy unspeakable to rise in response to the warm and cordial welcome which you have given us. I thank you in the name of the most ancient order of monks in the world; I thank you in the name of the mother of religions, and I thank you in the name of millions and millions of Hindu people of all classes and sects."Unquote.

@ A day to remember and salute the Great Saint of India.
    Thank you, Sun for bringing out this thread. I don't know that Swami Vivekananda delivered the lecture on 11th September. It is a learning for me.
    Swami Vivekananda was first denied time to speak in the meeting. But after a lot of requests, it was agreed. Once this great man started speaking the whole area was in pin drop silence and the speech went long without any obstructions. He brought respect to the Nation and the Religion. We should salute this great man for his service to the nation. He is the great disciple of Sri Rama Krishna Paramahamsa.

drrao
    always confident

Members,
    Today is also the birth day of Acharya Vinoba Bhave, an Indian advocate of non-violence and human right. The leader of Bhoodhan movement. A follower of our Father of our nation Mahatma Gandhi. Born on 11 September 1895, he died on 15 November 1985.

Let us also salute this great man, on this lovely day.

No life without Sun

Yes the social media is agog with the mention about Swamy Vivekananda's Chicago lecture but I am not aware of birthday of Acharya Vinoba Bhave. Thanks for sharing this.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments