You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

ISC is very slow, moving at a snail's pace

Members,
    To My great astonishment, I found ISC activities are slower than never before. Now time is 1610 hrs. A good sixteen hours lapsed. Yet the top scorers of the day are seen with very low scores as shown below:

Top Contributors
    Today
    Mohan (36)
    Sun (33)
    Juana (27)

Why? What could be the reason? Where are the other top scorers of ISC?
    Maybe members are busy with the preparations for tomorrow's Ganapathi Pooja. The required material for the pooja is to be purchased. Idol of the God is to be arranged. Flowers and fruits are to be purchased. So many of them are not able to come here.
    Today from the morning I was also tied up with my office work and just now I got some relief. Like this many reasons will be there for less participation. Some may be losing their interest also.
    Anyhow, I hope people will spend some good time on ISC and we will see that the activity will increase.

drrao
    always confident

Yes, It is too slow compare than other, It may be due to the slow approval rate of the Ask Expert Section, Article Section, Job section or Other relevant section that helps the user to get more score.
    For Example, I Posted 8 job notifications in the early morning but these posts are not approved until,

Phagu Mahato
    Success occurs when opportunity and preparation meet.

What I feel that ISC is not slow but the members are taking their own time to visit and register their views and postings. What I have seen in the recent past, many are started contributing in the late evenings and continue till midnight and when I open the site early in the morning already two or three members crossed 20 to 30 points leading at the wee hours. And by contributing in the late evening, they have enough posts and threads to respond and thus achieve the set targets. Where as for those who are regular in the mornings and afternoon some times starve for threads.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mohan,
    For your kind information - ISC is of members, and Members are of ISC. If members are slow means ISC is slow. If ISC is slow means Members are slow. Today, most of the fast scoring members are either not present or not scoring.

No life without Sun

It could be a periodic thing also and this phase may be over soon. If it continues for long then it is a matter of concern for all of us.

Those who have monitored the ISC activities for a long time may tell about this phenomenon whether it is a normal periodic pattern or something else.

Meanwhile let us all try our best to post our creative ideas time to time and contribute in the sections where we have interests.

Knowledge is power.

Dear ISC and Members,
    Even after completing 23 full hours, the score board has no significant change.
    Top Contributors
    Today
    Mohan (53),
    Dr.Srinivasa Rao (53)
    SuN (40).

Today is a dullest and slowest activity day, I must say.

No life without Sun

Sun, could you explain why your scoreboard has an addition of just seven points after a gap of 23 hours? To expect a member to keep contributing at the same pace would be asking for too much. I may contribute more today and may not contribute at all tomorrow. I will have various reasons for that which may be personal, social or official. If you think that there is some other reason, why don't you say what you feel? That would be better because other members would then be able to say whether their contributions were low during the period you suggest due to the same reason or otherwise.
    'Our knowledge is a receding mirage in an expanding desert of ignorance'- Will Durant.

Saji,
    Why I say this, because the forum super stars never allowed me to be one among the three top contributors on the previous days. They moved well ahead keeping fast paces. Yesterday 12 September 2018 was the only day that let me to maintain my number 3 status in top contributors of the day. Hence I said that ISC was moving at a snail's pace.

No life without Sun

Quite natural that few have left the forum & few others have been added to our family but the mail problems lies in the consistencies in accessing the forum & going ahead with the contributions which is lacking here. But I do agree with the Saji Sir that reasons could be the personal, social or official which lead to less participation by the members. When I raised he same issue earlier I got the reply came as most of the members belonged to Kerala which at that time had devastating flood all around & not having an access to the systems or the internet were down.

Sun, so the basic point is about the decrease in the rate of contributions by those who are maintaining the superstar position that allowed you to occupy a position in the list. If that was the case, it would have been better if you were direct enough to ask about the superstar(s) who contributed less allowing you to take a place. Being specific does help!
    But again, you have not answered my specific query the which may be an indicator for the generally slow pace as you said.

'Our knowledge is a receding mirage in an expanding desert of ignorance'- Will Durant.

Sun the question of contributing less or more depends on the circumstances and the information galore through which we move. For example yesterday, my self and my son could not contribute at all in the evening and that was also reported in the forum. The joke is that, I could able to contribute in social media but not in ISC. Like that many would have faced Internet connection down in their area as the big Idols of Ganesh being shifted to the make shift dais and the current would have been taken off. Any way you are in the league of super contributors and surge ahead to the top position with consistency in contribution. Yes can achieve the same with ease.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments