You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Problems/Complaints

Points and CC awarded twice for the same answer by the same author

While going through the Ask Experts section, I found an issue which I would like to bring to the notice of the editors. A particular query was raised by Mr. K.Mohan, which was earlier posted as a forum thread and later converted as a query under Ask Experts section. There are two absolutely same answers by the same member, though on different dates, and in both of the cases the same points and cc were given. I understood this is not intentional and somehow the editors overlooked it. I also answered the same query but in my case, only points were given. Requesting the concerned editors to look into it.
    Dear Sankalan,
    Such complaints or information should be very clear with the URL you are referring to. Without the URL linked, how do you expect the editors or other members to view the question in the Ask Expert section or elsewhere? Kindly link it.

No life without Sun

Once a similar thing happened in my case. I have posted the same answer twice by mistake and both of the answers were given points and CC. Immediately I have raised a thread and requested the editors to do the needful. They have removed one answer. The points and the CC were also adjusted accordingly. This type of issues will happen sometimes by mistake and once we notice the same we can bring the same issue to the notice of the Editors. I don't know the same type of thing might have happened.
    drrao
    always confident

Thanks, SankalanBhattacharya for reporting this. We have located the AE query. The duplicate answer submitted by Dr. Rao has been deleted. Henceforth, as suggested by Sun, please provide the URL in the forum thread for quick redressal or send it via a message to the forum Lead Editor Saji Ganesh and he will forward it to the section's editors to do the needful.

We will also re-check your answer.

Members are once again requested not to post irrelevant responses in threads addressed to editors and Webmasters.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

No life without Sun

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.