You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

Getting confused with Social Hub information

Dear ISC,
    When I clicked to see Social Hub of ISC, I found my name with a remark as "13 Sep 2018: Total cash earnings of SuN changed from 29033.00 to 29925.00."

As on date (13 Sep 2018), my total earning is 29925 which is correct. My earning would have been Rs. 29033/- many months back. Why it is reflected today?

The change is of 29925 - 29033 = Rs. 892.

My earning at ISC is in bits and pieces. How come a long/high jump in the information provided.

What is the explanation to this from ISC?
    What I understand from the social hub information about our earnings updates, that is done when you earn on a particular contest or award. It is not updated daily.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

A change in the total cash earnings of a member is reflected in the Social Hub only when he recalculates his earnings. That means the author had used the recalculate feature after a long time on 13th Sept and hence the difference. Hope I am right. Please confirm.

'Our knowledge is a receding mirage in an expanding desert of ignorance'- Will Durant.

I use the option given on our dash board for knowing the total points and total earnings. I never know that this information is available on Social Hub. You can also use this feature on your dashboard so that correct information will come there.
    drrao
    always confident

The information given by Saji seems to be incorrect. Just now I saw a member's name in social hub. He had recalculated his earnings twice in succession, and the increase remains the same for both the recalculations. In fact the member has recalculated his earnings 20 times in the last three days. See the screenshot attached.

The reason for such a huge increase in every member's earning is a tech issue which has been going on for quite a long time.

When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

Delete Attachment

Gypsy, the figures in the screenshot provided by you just shows that the amount did not change despite the recalculation. The reason could be that the member had used the facility consecutively without contributing anything in between. I am not aware of any technical issues and so will request the admin to give a clarification in this connection. Please hold on.
    'Our knowledge is a receding mirage in an expanding desert of ignorance'- Will Durant.

Saji,

You seem to have missed one vital point in my response - the member recalculated his earnings 20 times in the last three days. I am attaching another screenshot which will clear your doubt.

When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

Delete Attachment

Saji,
    You are wrong. Gypsy is right. I am sure of some technical problem.

Saji may not be able to explain, Only our Web Master Tony will be able to explain it.

No life without Sun

Yesterday, when I went to Social Hub, it read "13 Sep 2018: Total cash earnings of SuN changed from 29033.00 to 29925.00.

Yesterday I earned one Rupee Cash Credit for a good response.

Today, I clicked 'Recalculate my earnings' feature, and then when I went to Social Hub, I found it as -14 Sep 2018: Total cash earnings of SuN changed from 29033.00 to 29926.00. A jump of Rs. 893/-

In fact, it should have been - 14 Sep2018: Total cash earning of SuN changed from 29925.00 to 29926.00.

Why the amount 29033 is shown as a basic to my earning?

No life without Sun

Saji was technically right but there was a bug that made his answer wrong.

I have fixed the issue now. Going forward, you shouldn't see the repeated and misleading cash credit change in the social hub.

regards,
    Tony John
    Webmaster - IndiaStudyChannel.com

Everyone,

A useful aspect to know: In case you use the recalculate feature and a negative balance (that is, with a minus sign) is shown at your profile page under the Gifts and Awards tab, you need to log out and log in again and then again use the recalculate feature to see the correct balance. This is what happened to the balance at my profile page just now (it showed as Rs. -1799.95 from the previous amount of Rs.419.05); so I logged out, logged in again and used the feature a second time to know the correct amount (it then showed as Rs.534.05.)

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Dear ISC and all,
    Good to see a bug has been fixed now. VMT to WM Tony John.

No life without Sun

Deleted.

I find it strange that Saji's answer has been selected as best answer. Since Tony has said that Saji's answer was technically correct, I am assuming that Tony selected his answer as best.

Saji's answer might have been "technically correct", though I do not agree with that, still was Saji able to identify the real problem about the difference in cash earning? No, he was unable to do that. He even tried to counter my point that it was a tech issue, which Tony confirmed later was the main issue.

Moreover, the tech issue is far from over as of now. The problem continues. Have a look at the screenshot which I took jut now

Delete Attachment

Gypsy,

Saji's answer remains technically correct but it was still not making sense because of another bug in the system. I have fixed the second bug as well now.

This other bug I have noticed many times in the past few years but could never fix it. Today I dug really deep into it and figured out a few things. Every alternate recalculation will put a wrong value into the total earnings figure for some members. While individual earnings from each section are calculated correctly, the combined number goes wrong on alternate recalculation. Many members would have experienced this but a second recalculation will fix it. Also, this error was not applicable for every one but was applicable only for some people who have earnings from certain sections.

Even though I had already fixed the original problem mentioned in this thread, you were still seeing multiple entries in the social page due to the second bug which was causing change in total value for every alternate recalculation, resulting in a new message in the social page.

I have fixed the other bug as well - it no longer puts the wrong value after the second recalculation. Since the total earnings now do not change often, you will not see repeated Earnings change message in social tab.

Another small change I made was when a new earning change is reported in the Social page for a member, the system will automatically delete all of his previous earning change messages. So, at any time, every member will have only one entry in the social page for his earning improvement.

regards,
    Tony John

While on the topic, just now I recalculated my earnings and nothing showed up in the social hub.

By the way, I learnt a new lesson today - never correct an editor ever, whenever or whosoever is wrong.

>> While on the topic, just now I recalculated my earnings and nothing showed up in the social hub.

It is because earnings are not changed for you from the previous recalculation.

>> By the way, I learnt a new lesson today - never correct an editor ever, whenever or whosoever is wrong.
    The answer provided by Saji on the first case is the way the system supposed to work. But the system had certain glitches which are fixed now.

regards,
    Tony John

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.