You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Videos posted on Google Photos not visible on all devices

The other day, when I was on my walk, I saw a puppy playing with a family of monkeys. I took a few videos of them, on my phone. The videos got uploaded, immediately, to my Google Photos account, or so I thought.

The videos are visible can be seen on Google Photos when I access it from the phone that was used to shoot them. When I open Google Photos on my second phone or my laptop, the videos cannot be found. However, a few snaps that I clicked, on the same evening, can be viewed from all three devices.

What could be wrong?
    Looks like the videos have not been uploaded to your Google Photos account. Generally and by default, being heavy files, videos do not get uploaded using mobile data. They get uploaded when we are connected to wi-fi. Though there is a setting and one can opt for backup with mobile data, but it is not advisable to do so, as it would finish off your data quickly and would take a very long time to get uploaded to Google Photos.

You need to check those settings in backup.

When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

I can see the videos when I access the Google Photos app on my phone. Is that possible if the videos have not uploaded?

I have turned off the mobile data and have connected through WiFi, let's see if that works.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak." -Michael Garrett Marino

If you are in a wi-fi zone, just select the video in gallery, then tap on the share button, a new page pops up asking where or with whom to share, select Google Photos from there and it will upload the video to Google Photos instantly. That way, you do not have to wait for your phone to upload the video when it automatically does that.
    When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

Thank you, I just did that. But, I still wonder why the videos did not upload on their own. I have never had this problem before. Thank s again.
    "A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak." -Michael Garrett Marino

Did the videos get uploaded to Photos?

Looks like there is a conflict in the backup settings. Just restart your phone, if that does not solve the issue then you may reset your phone to factory settings. Most probably it will solve the issue.

Yes, they did get uploaded, with the second solution you provided. Will restart the restart the device and check if that resolves the problem. Appreciate your assistance.

• Sign In to post your comments