You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

This time what was the specialty about Ganesh Idols in your area ?

As usual, big idols of various height and size could be seen across the Hyderabad and the main attraction is of Khairatabad Ganesh which is 57 feet height with seven heads and under the seven snake standing posture. And in Begum Bazar, there is a Pehelwan Ganesh which shows abs much to delight of devotees. And a Ganesh Idol was made of Makkah Butta and that was total surprise. Like wise diamond Ganesh, Mehendi Ganesh and Ganesh made up with pulses etc. What about specialty of Idols in your area ?
    Am in Karnataka. Unlike Maharashtra, the Kannadigas are not interested in having Tall and big Ganesh idols. I could see many unsold Ganapathy idols resting on the roadside, inside the polythene covers.
    No life without Sun

Saturday night I traveled from my native place in Andhra Pradesh to Hyderabad. On the way many places there are many idols of Ganapathi installed for Navaratri Pooja. Many of them are very big and colored idols. All the places are full of lighting and in villages loudspeakers. Very bright and very noisy. Many people are gathering for evening Pooja. One important point this time is a majority of the houses used idols made of clay only. This is an indication of awareness among the people. This trend should extend also to common idols also.
    drrao
    always confident

This year at my place there were practically no pandals with Lord Ganesha idols. People celebrated the Vinayaka Chavithi at their homes only. For the past few years, only clay idols are being used.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

• Sign In to post your comments