You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Suggestions

ISC should have a clock for time reference

Dear ISC and Members,
    I feel that ISC should have a digital clock for time reference. This will look attractive too. I suggest it to be placed on the blue bar in line as below:

Forum - Article - Ask Experts - Exams - Education - More - 0900 (ISC Clock)

Or in a suitable place as suggested by other members.

I think, this can be done, if WM Tony John feels it right.

What is the feeling of our members?
    I agree to this proposal. But I think it is beyond the technical competence presently available with ISC.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Since most of us have the time showing on the Taskbar at the bottom of our screens, I don't see the purpose of a digital clock at ISC. Won't it also add more clutter to the page? However, I will forward your suggestion to the admin.
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

When you are working on your computer, I don't think keeping a separate time reference on a website will be of much help. The time in your computer and all the other members' computer are synchronized in the same way when it is connected to the internet. So, if ISC keeps a separate clock it will also be synchronized in the same way and will show the same time.

This separate clock for ISC may be of use when you are in a different country which follows a different time standard other than the Indian Standard Time. In that case by seeing the clock in the page of ISC, you will be able to know the timings in this country and will be reminded about the opening or closing time of any particular event/competition.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Our task bar at the ride side end is having time and the date and that is set to International standard of Indian time and it automatically changes daily, therefore the suggestion may not be taken with right earnest.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I don't see any need to have a time clock on the website. There are lot of other options to find time. ISC is not really place to refer the current time.
    regards,
    Tony John
    Webmaster - IndiaStudyChannel.com

Mr. Tony.
    Thanks for your prompt response. If you say No, nothing can be done.

Mr. Sankalan Bhattacharya,
    Will the time set in my computer and your computer will remain same? I can alter the time if needed. So, I don't see your statement as a valid one.

Mr. Mohan,
    What is appearing on the right side end is a computer clock. It can be changed or adjusted.

No life without Sun

Sun you are wrong. Just set the computer clock ten minutes ahead or ten minutes behind before opening the internet and then see the clock adjusts to the right time.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.