You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Why not emulate Bangalore as a role model city?

The Go green initiative in several cities of India is a welcome sign and we ought to encourage every single initiative of both Govt and private parties.

In this connection, one cannot but think of the lovely city of Bangalore. It has superb parks and one learns that the authorities make it compulsory to have such open spaces compulsorily put in place. This never happens in most cities.

Why can't we adopt the same policy? Why should the builders not not separate spaces for such totally green parks? Such parks should be compulsorily developed as soon as the project starts, so that in 18 months, the entire space becomes very green.

What do members have to say on this? Are there such initiatives in other cities?
    I have also visited Bengaluru several times and found more median gardens or round about than the usual traffic signals we witness in many cities. And greenery wise my applause and appreciation to the planners of the great city. At the same time I am pained to see the news visuals from the same great city that Belandhur lake is releasing toxic froth which looks like some one living in Kulu Manali and ice berg was formed. But the ordeal and the filth smell the locals care going through cannot be described here. Though 50 crores has been allotted for the cleaning of that lake the situation has been going bad to worse. If this continues , the garden city tag which was bestowed for the fifth best Metro India will be soon be snapped off. Its high time the Karnataka administration gives a deep thought as the rulers of all parties failed to understand this problem,
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

No doubt, Bengaluru is a great city with gardens and greenery around. The city being developed with the metro trains and over bridges and underpasses. Bengaluru always looks greener than any other city in India. The water bodies in Bengaluru are not clean. Waste management is not that effective. Still there are areas stinking with foul smell. But I don't think that it will be a role model city now, but could be after few decades.
    No life without Sun

It is true that certain areas of Bangalore city are well kept attractive and green. But there are some other places, may be in the suburban parts. There it is very difficult even to walk through the sides of the roads. The small markets there are in very bad conditions. As noted in one of the comments above Belandhur area, Thanisandra and the neighbouring areas, and certain other places need development. Perhaps the sanitation works need improvement.
    T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member ISC

To be very frank, I would say that Bengaluru is externally beautiful with too many flyovers, bridges, pedestrian bridges etc. but internally not that beautiful to appreciate. There are still congested roads, and heavy traffic jam. A city with no traffic jam is the city we like to take it as a role model.
    No life without Sun

Just wait for another two or three months, Hyderabad will over take Bengaluru in every form of gardening, greenery and cluster of trees every where. The road medians are filled with big trees, not a single land is left without tree. As part of the Harittha Haram program initiated by the TRS government, not only Hyderabad but entire Telangana is going to be green. What the care taker CM KCR wants that if he travels above the Telangana, he does not want to see any ground vacant , instead filled with trees only. So the tag of garden city to Bengaluru will soon be shifted to Hyderabad or even other cities of Telangana.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments