You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Reward Programs

Topic based TOW contest for September '18- Topic- 'Civility'.

Being the last Sunday of September, we are announcing the topic for the Thread of the Week contest for the last week, that is, 30th Sept – 06th Oct '18. After considering different topics, it has been decided that Civility would be a good topic to be discussed.

This term covers a whole lot of aspects related to humans as individuals and also as social beings. Let your thoughts fly and come back with threads having various dimensions and meanings. Start thinking and come up with unique and good ideas.

What is to be done:
    1. Submit a forum thread on the given topic in the forum in the appropriate category.
    2. Provide a clickable link of the URL of your forum thread as a response in this thread to be considered as an entry for the contest. Please go through this link to know how to create a hyperlink.
    3. Only one entry per member is allowed.
    4. It should be unique, precise and must be well conceived and well written.
    5. All members including editors can participate.

The winner will be given a cash reward of Rs 60/- with 60 additional points and the Special Prize winners will get Rs 40/- and 40 points each.

Other eligible threads also may be awarded suitably.

This thread will be locked on the 06th of October.

So, let your imagination go wild and come up with your thoughts on the given topic.
    Here is the entry from my side on topic based contest
    Civility behavior forgotten and anger overtakes politeness

K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

This is my entry for the topic based Thread of the Week contest -

The raging fire - the killer of civility

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak." -Michael Garrett Marino

This is my thread about civility:

"Civility" is almost dead these days

Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

Here is my entry

civility which lacks in present youngsters and children but need to improve

I can't click on the link to know how to create hyperlink. Pls help.
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

Ramachandran and Sanjeev, the clickable link provided in the thread will lead to you to the guidelines on how to create a hyperlink. Please check it out and edit your responses here accordingly.
    'He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.'- Elbert Hubbard.

Corrected.
    Sanjeev

My entry for the contest -
    Are we losing civility in our homes?

Knowledge is power.

Sanjeev - a point to note about what you mentioned in your response #649702: if you try to access certain internal page links via the mobile phone, such as the link Saji gave to the Help Topic, it does not work.
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

My entry for the TOW contest :-

The term "civility" in definition & in conduct: - Are we losing it?

My entry for the September month's topic based TOW contest: Has the online world's cloak of anonymity led to a decline in civilized behaviour?
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

The link for my entry for this topic based TOW contest is given below.
    Are the elders demanding high civility from the younger generation?

drrao
    always confident

This thread on civility and mindset is my entry.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Here goes my entry to the TOW contest

Civility is waiting for a tight embrace

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

This is my entry Lack of civility started old age homes

This my thread
    Never forget civility.

The link for my entry -Vaccination for civility
    Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

I did not like the topic that much. Because it was way too abstract for me. I had to struggle a lot to come up with a good content.
    No civility for teachers

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

My entry for the TOW Contest

Civility generates a harmony in life

Being a new member, I'm unable to understand where to post my article and how to create a hyperlink.
    Please help.

shampasaid

My query had been resolved.

This is my entry for the TOW contest.

Civility in Life is Inherited

shampasaid

Please find my entry below:

Show some Civility towards public amenities

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.