You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

He could have enjoyed his life in comfort but fought for a cause & left.

I am referring to Professor GD Agarwal who devoted his life to the cause of saving river Ganga & was on a fast-unto-death for nearly four Months & died today. He began his fasting in order to protest against the government's administration for its alleged inaction in taking appropriate measures to make the Ganga River free of pollution & at the same time free-flowing.

GD Agarwal was once a professor at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur & later on he also served as a Member-Secretary of the Central Pollution Control Board or CPCB.

He wasn't a celebrity & this may be the reason that we still are not aware of him but he fought & died for a cause for cleaning the River Ganga which to some extent could work well with our next generation. May rest in peace.
    A great soul who fought for the future generations. May his soul rest in peace.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

My condolences to the family of the deceased. Prof. Agarwal fought for a good cause and died. I hope the government should get the works to go on a fast track at least as a recognition for this person's sacrifice. May his soul rest in peace.
    drrao
    always confident

Prof. GD Agarwal is/was also known as Swami Gyan Swaroop Sanand. He was shifted by the police from Haridwar to AIIMS, Rishikesh yesterday after being on fast for 109 days. He was fasting demanding a law that would protect River Ganga and maintain its uninterrupted flow between Gangotri and Uttarkashi in Uttarakhand.

This retired professor of IIT-Kanpur was 87 at the time of his death.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Really a great soul who gave his life for such a public cause. It is admirable that there are people who can fight for making the places clean and pollution free.

I salute to such a strong willed person who did not yield under pressure to stop his fasting and fought till the end.

This issue has not become much popular in the social media but we should do our efforts to take it to more and more people and encourage them to participate in environmental issues.

Knowledge is power.

I was not aware of someone fasting for Ganga. I am hearing this news for the first time that one Prof GD Agarwal was fasting unto death for a good cause. Pity to note that our govt has turned a deaf ear to the professor's meaningful fast. Our government has lost its reputation. I am sure, Ganga will not be clean.

@ May his soul rest in peace.

No life without Sun

My respects to the departed soul of Professor Agarwal who died fasting for clean Ganga. The loss of life reflects the carelessness of the Government.
    Clean Ganga is one of the many unfulfilled promises of the BJP Government. Mr. Nitin Gadkari very rightly pointed out in a reality show recently that "We were very confident that we can never come to power. So our people suggested us to make tall promises. If we don't come to the power, we won't be responsible anyway. Now people remind us of our promises…we just laugh and move on."
    The Government made a promise of clean Ganga, created a mission for it and failed to take any action.

" Be Good and Do Good "

I missed this thread and posted another thread today- Who should own responsibility for this?

My views though the thread was locked still hold good. Who has allowed the hunger strike to continue for such a long period? Who should own responsibility for his sad demise? Still I feel the Government machinery should work sometimes independently without trying to absolve responsibility by simply throwing the ball into the court of political parties including the ruling party. They could have disrupted the hunger strike by giving fluids. There is no point for all politicians in saying condolences now when a determined battle is lost. May his soul rest in peace!

Regards,
    Jagdish

The Government is solely responsible for the death of Professor Agarwal. The Government should have monitored his health and if necessary Professor Agarwal should have been shifted to a hospital. The present dispensation has not taken any steps to convince him or saving him from death.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

The funniest part is the Media, the pro-political party channels, in particular, who shout at large for every small incident are keeping quiet and conveniently ignored the issue.
    Regards,
    Jagdish

But, I know one thing about these greate leaders, they have some really good followers. It might seem, at this point that his work, got wasted, but beleive me, it's not. His followers are going to take his work ahead. As of now it might look everything is settled in dust, and no one cares, it got wasted, whatever effort he made. But, he will be in the hearts of his students, his followers.
    Now, its their duty to carry on with his work. They will, I am sure.

Regards
    Iti Tyagi
    "Soar to Success"

It's not the case that the media is silent because yesterday I witnessed this on AajTak channel debate but this couldn't get the limelight in comparison to others. May be other channels would also have shown this but imagine when this was involved of some other religion.

• Sign In to post your comments