You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Wife of an Apple executive who was shot dead by the police got a government job.

Recently an executive of Apple company was shot dead by a police Constable as he refused to stop the car when asked by the policemen. This is the case which occurred in Lucknow. Now the latest is his wife is offered a government job by Depy CM as OSD officer in municipal corporation of Lucknow so that she may fulfill her financial requirements. But she said no job, compensation can fulfill her loss of husband.

And yes it said rightly by this lady nothing can fulfill the loss of someone's dear life.
    It is true. Whatever may be the compensation it will never be equivalent to her husband. By getting a job she may be having no financial problems. But no one can bring back her husband. My heartfelt sympathies to her.
    drrao
    always confident

Yes thats true but by offering her a government job may reduce her loss and will add little bit of happiness in her life.
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

Undoubtedly the loss of companion can't be reimbursed but it's a good thing that the wife is now offered with a government job & soon the life would take its normal course. Hope so that no one would begin to politicize the matter now.

A good gesture from the government to offer a good job for her to compensate her loss of husband. However, all ladies may not be willing to work. I think, the compensation amount of Rs. 40 lakhs can help her to live at home peacefully without any tension. A job offered to her may be withdrawn if she wishes to get remarried. She has acted wisely by refusing to accept any government job.
    No life without Sun

This was a bizarre case of mistaken identity or confusion in the midnight that took the life of an executive of a reputed company and no enquiry committee can find the real reason behind the shoot out.

Govt is always at the receiving end and people will blame the policemen only for their hurriedness and impatience.

By giving a job to the wife of the deceased, at least the Govt will get some breathing time as the case goes on lingering in the court.

Compensation is the only thing which can console the family in such tough times.

Knowledge is power.

The initiative taken by the chief minister Mr Yogi is commendable in the sense he realised that the financial - hardship of the family would disrupt the education of the innocent kids apart from shortage of fund to maintain the expenses of the family.
    What is more surprising is the immediate absorption of the wife of the diseased with the lucrative emoluments. This timely help would work as a healing touch in the alleviation of crisis financially or otherwise.

I am sure, this will keep her busy and motivate her to be on ground with confidence again. It can never fill the void, but now, this trauma can be reduced by keeping herself busy for sure. I remember my Music teacher, who was my mentor in school, lost her husband in some tragedy (which I do not want to elaborate here), she took his job and her life shifted from Music to boring mundane work (we thought that time). But it really helped her, and now she is doing so good. Her kids are fine, they are in US working, she is now retired and she makes music albums too.
    So, this time will be hard for her, but she will be better for sure. She has to, for others who love her.

Regards
    Iti Tyagi
    "Soar to Success"

Iti, absolutely who know what's going to get better in future.

I don't know whether she is going to aacept the job offer as it looks as if she is not going to take up the same. But what I feel she should accept it as it is really tough for her to forget her husband at this age. She should accept it as it will strengthen her financial position too.

Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

Sanjeev Gupta (#650573) & Sun,

Are you misconstruing the lady's statement? It does not seem like she refused to take the job, offered to her. What I make of the statement, attributed to her, in this post is that she thinks that no amount of compensation or job, will fill the void that her husband's untimely death has caused.

Yes, she has a long, lonely life ahead, with two young girls to raise. It is not going to be easy and I hope that she continues to have the support of her family. She appears to be a very strong, confident and intelligent woman. But, even the strongest and the most confident wavier under pressure. I wish her strength and peace.

“You painted a naked woman because you enjoyed looking at her, put a mirror in her hand and you called the painting “Vanity,” thus morally condemning the woman whose nakedness you had depicted for your own pleasure.” - John Berger

Juana, I am sorry yes she didn't refuse for the job offer she just said that getting a job won't compensate the loss of her husband and thats true nothing is more important than the life of our dear ones.
    Sanjeev

The State Governments (and also Central Government) offer jobs to widows and in some cases widowers whose husbands/wives die in harness or die in accidents. There are many such examples. In this case, the widow lady didn't refuse the compassionate appointment. She merely said that the void created in her life due to the unfortunate death of her husband.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Juana,
    Sorry. The comma is the culprit which made me to misinterpret the author's statement. The author said - "But she said no job, compensation can fulfill her loss of husband.
    It should have been - But she said no job or compensation can fulfill the loss of her husband.

No life without Sun

Sun, I don't find anything wrong with the sentence.
    Sanjeev

Sun,

It wasn't difficult for me to understand the statement. You see, I used logic and common sense to come to the conclusion. It often helps to be perspicacious.

“You painted a naked woman because you enjoyed looking at her, put a mirror in her hand and you called the painting “Vanity,” thus morally condemning the woman whose nakedness you had depicted for your own pleasure.” - John Berger

Juana,
    It was the Rs, 40,00,000/- compensation (as posted in a thread) that kept me to think with a different sense with no common sense.

Sanjeev,
    You are both right and wrong.

No life without Sun

Sun,
    Is that so? I wonder how a sum of money could sidetrack your thought process and cause you to make a wrong judgement.

Quote and unquote from @Sun #650509 'A job offered to her may be withdrawn if she wishes to get remarried.'

Even this is changed now as per SC's directive given in one of the cases in 2017, a woman will continue the job(got through compassionate appointment) even after re-marriage and if they got children 50% of salary will be given to them until they reach 25 years of old. One more condition that may not fit this case as he doesn't serve in CG, that the pension will be given to the grandfather of the children to take care of children.

Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

Juana,
    40 lac is a huge sum that can fetch a good interest to lead a good life. Further, if the lady is intelligent and talented, she could invest few lacs and start a business which could fetch much more than the salary she would get through a government job. This is what I thought about. It was a fair judgment.

No life without Sun

SuN, I don't think 40 Lacs is sufficient for the loss of her husband. Yes she could have done good for her with this much money but may be she is broken with the demise of her husband. She needs time to think and start her life again.

She has two daughters who are also shocked by this sudden mishappening. Her wife has to look after her kids also. No doubt with the time this tragic memories with get out of her mind.

Sanjeev

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.