You must Sign In to post a response.
Check your tally of points and cheer the winners of the OWL Quiz Challenge.
  • Category: Winners

OWL Quiz Challenge - answers, points tally and winners

We received 14 entries for the OWL Quiz Challenge.

The points' tally is as follows, in the order as per the time recorded of the emails received -
    Owl Quiz Points Tally
    1. Aditya Mohan - 14
    2. Juana – 24
    3. Syed Rizwan - 13
    4. Srimathi - 5
    5. Soundharya - 17
    6. Padmini - 14
    7. Dr. N.V. Srinivasa Rao - 15
    8. Umesh - 16
    9. Neeru Bhatt - 15
    10. Sun - 15
    11. Rosie Ray - 14
    12. Sankalan Bhattacharya – 20
    13. Suman Sahu - 6
    13. Dhruv - 24
    14. Shampa Sadhya - 10

The participants are requested to check the tally of their points against the answers in the attached Word doc. In case of any error, please let us know in a response to this thread within two days, after which the points and cc will be credited to the main announcement thread of the quiz.

As per the above tally of points, we have two joint winners. Both Juana and Dhruv each got 24 points and will each receive Rs.100/- and 50 points. The next highest tally of points was that of Sankalan Bhattacharya, who will get Rs.75/- and 40 points. Congratulations, all of you!

Note: The interpretation of the clues will be provided in a separate thread, where you can give your feedback and suggestions for future quizzes.
  • OWL Quiz Challenge Answers (161772-1-OWL-Quiz-Challenge-Answers.doc)
    Hearty congrats to Juana, Dhruv and Sankalan Bhattacharya for winning the OWL contest. Indeed, the contest was very interesting. I did not fail but passed with 50% marks(15/30)
    No life without Sun

Congrats to Juana, Dhruv, Sankalan and others who won. I could not participate in the quiz as I thought I will do it later but when saw the last date was gone.
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

It was really a very interesting contest and many people participated in it.

Some clues were really difficult and to find a thing corresponding to them in our household was a challenge. Though we use them but they do not come in our memory so easily. A few clues were comparable to the difficult clues generally found in newspaper cryptic crosswords and there I think, many members struggled to decipher the clues.

Anyway, it was a good fun and good exercise of the mind. I congratulate all the winners who could score such high, really great and keep up your enthusiasm in future also in such contests. All the best.

Knowledge is power.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Hearty congrats to Juana Madam, Mr. Dhruv and Mr. Sankalan Bhattacharya for winning the OWL contest. Unfortunately, I missed the quiz due to my busy schedule.
    Honesty is the best policy.

Congratulations to the joint winners Juana and Dhruv. The OWL Quiz Challenge was really interesting and I found few clues challenging. It took me some time to think about those and now after checking the answers it appears I went very close to few of them.

I checked and found my tally correct.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

My hearty congratulations to Juana mam and Dhruv for winning the OWL Quick contest. Congratulations to Sankalan Bhattacharya for taking the second spot in this contest. It was an interesting quiz competition.
    Regards
    Rizwan

It is to convey my congratulations to all the three winners of the contest. It was a good and well-conducted quiz competition. I wish and hope that the winners will continue their good work and win many more awards and prizes in the coming days.
    drrao
    always confident

Well, it was a tough but very interesting contest. Fortunate to be among the winners. Thank you one and all for your congratulatory messages. To Juana and Sankalan, my appreciation for your respective wins.
    Patience and perseverance pays

Congratulations to the winner. I have to admit, winners never fail to amaze us, with their dedication and love for these contests.
    Regards
    Iti Tyagi
    "Soar to Success"

This contest was a unique one. I truly enjoyed doing it. Hearty congratulations to all the winners.
    shampasaid

Congratulations Dhruv for being the 'joint winner' along with me. Congratulations Sankalan Bhattacharya for grabbing the second place.

I did the quiz in under an hour, of seeing it. Did not have a chance to review answers before submission, as it was already late and I had other chores to complete. I also had a tight schedule the following day, so could not postpone sending the answers until the next day. Glad I could win the first prize.

“You painted a naked woman because you enjoyed looking at her, put a mirror in her hand and you called the painting “Vanity,” thus morally condemning the woman whose nakedness you had depicted for your own pleasure.” - John Berger

• Sign In to post your comments
    Submit New Thread
    Return to Return to Discussion Forum