Forums » About IndiaStudyChannel » Group Discussions »

Which is the best place to do Study??Hostel (or) Home..

Posted Date: 04 Sep 2008      Posted By:: Arthanari Profile photo    Member Level: Gold    Member Rank: 210     Points: 1   Responses: 49

Hi Friends,
Which place is the best place to do good study and improve our communication skills and develop our technical knowledge ..Tell your point of commands..

Thanks & Regards,
Arthanari.

Responses

#27830    Author: Arthanari      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 210     Date: 04/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

Hi Welcome,
In my point of view hostel is the best place to imporve our all skills like english communication,update technical knowledge..
so i agree hostel is the best place to do better and good study..

Thanks & Regards,
Arthanari.

#27869    Author: mahi      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 0     Date: 04/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

The best place where we can study is our home only.

Because at home we are supported by our parents .

In hostel there's no one is there to guide us or shout at us.

So we spend a lot of time in a wasteful things

#27900    Author: Arthanari      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 210     Date: 04/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 5

Hi mahi,
we tell based on our mentality only we can do our study in hostel..we can take initiative and advise our friends and we can take care on study..In hostel only we feel free to study..we can discuss our friends to all technical related things and we can make our future in better..some parents making noise in our home..they are facing different problem and they taking about that..that time we dont think to study..in hostel we dont have any problem like this know..so hostel is the best place for study..

Thanks & Regards,
Arthanari.

#27902    Author: Girish Patil      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 76     Date: 04/Sep/2008   Rating: 3 out of 53 out of 53 out of 5     Points: 3

hi

I think home is best place to study.In hostel we can not concentrate on study.
but in hostel we get experience of life. and that experience is very important in career.
Ragards-

Girish Patil

Editor

Indiastudychannel Team

Regards
Girish Patil

#27913    Author: Arthanari      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 210     Date: 04/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

Hi Girish Patil,
We want to concentrate more on study..take example like when we are taking to our friend..if any one talk when you taking their may be a confusion..its just taking..So these will tell our life..based on our studies only we can get Job in good positon..when we are in hostel we can make our future in better way..my point of view i can tell this..

Thanks & Regards,
Arthanari.

#27985    Author: Kathir      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 1153     Date: 05/Sep/2008   Rating: 4 out of 54 out of 54 out of 54 out of 5     Points: 6

Home is the best place to Study. If you are in hostel, there will not be any restriction. Most of the time, you will try to go out with your friends for enjoyment like movies etc., If you are in a home, your parents will control you then you can study well. I think most of the peoples will think, if their home is near to the college, definitely they will be dayscholar only...

Regards
Kathir.

#27986    Author: Kathir      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 1153     Date: 05/Sep/2008   Rating: 4 out of 54 out of 54 out of 54 out of 5     Points: 6

you can save lots of money too....

you can avoid all unnecessary spending too...

so, be at home and study well and achieve good things...

all the best...

Regards
Kathir.

#27987    Author: varun sharma      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 05/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 5

Home.Sweet Home..
The place where every individual gets comfortable...
Its no doubt that lakhs and lakhs of students are there in hostels and are studying very hard..but you need to know survival tactics to stay in hostel.Its not the cake walk for all of students.. Home whereas , is the place where you can study without any other tensions..since your parents are out there to support you, anything you want, any resource they are there to provide it to you..
Home is always better than hostels..anyhow ,, who wants to remain thousands km far from home and to stay in a hostel..??

Varun Sharma

#28032    Author: SAranya      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 0     Date: 05/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 5

Hai friend
According to their situtation they will study.
some will feel hostel is better to study and some will feel that their home is better to study.In hostel they may have the chance to increase bad habits but in their home they will be in control of their parents.In home we may have some problems so we cant concentrate in our studies but in hostel somewhat we can manage it.If the college is so far from the house then nno way we have to stay in the hostel.

#28033    Author: SAranya      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 0     Date: 05/Sep/2008   Rating: 4 out of 54 out of 54 out of 54 out of 5     Points: 6

it is better to study in home.

#28034    Author: Kathir      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 1153     Date: 05/Sep/2008   Rating: 4 out of 54 out of 54 out of 54 out of 5     Points: 6

Once you come out from home and stay in hostel, then you will get to know the power of home.

Until then, you may not be know the value of home.

you may think, if you are in hostel then you will be free for anything... but not in home...

regds,
Kathir.

Regards
Kathir.

#28058    Author: Arthanari      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 210     Date: 05/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

Ok kathir,
I agree your point..I feel that if we are in hostel we can develop our communication skills easily and we can develop good communication..I focused more on that..Thats why i told hostel is the best..

Thanks & Regards,
Arthanari.

#28059    Author: sasikiran      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 0     Date: 05/Sep/2008   Rating: 3 out of 53 out of 53 out of 5     Points: 3

i think,home is not a correct place to study because at home parents should tell many works and distrub our study.so hostel or room is good for studying

#28066    Author: Arthanari      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 210     Date: 05/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

hi sasikiran,
your point also good..the thing is we can share our knowledge in our friends..we can know about all technical latest things..we can touch with the technicals also..so its good one..

Thanks & Regards,
Arthanari.

#28134    Author: Arthanari      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 210     Date: 06/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Hi SAranya,
your points also good..but the thing is the person feel to study in that place..he or she want to take initiative..

Thanks & Regards,
Arthanari.

#28162    Author: prathyusha      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 06/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 5

house is more comfortable for every thingbecause we dont need to work by our selves in our home so we can use that time for studies ......
we get a lot of support in house from our parents wher as we loose there care affection and suggestions if we are in hostel and i think we'll miss them alot which results in loss of concentration on studies
more over if you suffer from some health problems we get a lot of support from family members ............
so i think we can get more marks if we stay in house

#28184    Author: Arthanari      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 210     Date: 06/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

Hi prathyusha,
Ya I agree your point because in home only we can feel to study..if we are in hostel we dont think to study..we always wasting time and visit friends room..seeing movie..always taking to friends..Now i agree that home is the best place for study..

Thanks & Regards,
Arthanari.

#28187    Author: Arthanari      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 210     Date: 06/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Hi varun sharma,

I agree your point can you give me some other points to study in home is better..

Thanks & Regards,
Arthanari.

#28208    Author: Arthanari      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 210     Date: 06/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Hi,
I am telling that..In hostel we dont consider about our frineds..we can do study my self..with out any interupption..

Thanks & Regards,
Arthanari.

#28247    Author: Mala      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 181     Date: 06/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 5

Which is the best place to study means it is a pretty hard as well as twisty question according to me. As per my views, if you have an intension to study we can study in any place and you can surely find success in that.

It is only our mindset that we think that home is not a better place or hostel is a better place. Distractions are found everywhere and it is up to us only how we take things for granted. Hence it our mind that makes us study and not the place or environment.

#28290    Author: Dr.Sparsha      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 61     Date: 06/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

I can tell my experience. Studying in both the places are equally good as long as you study. I, during my career studied both in hostel as well as home. My college was at the city where my home is so I had that option.

Most of the time I used to study at home. Pros are comfort of home, nice foods, care of the parents.

But when my exam was nearby I used to shift to hostel despite of lack of comfort of home. The anxiety of the exam used to be less while studying with the friends. Many times it was possible, particularly when tired, just listening from the friends what they have just read. This used to save much of our time and tension.

Regards,
Dr. Sparsha

#30226    Author: Akash Kamal      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 4216     Date: 18/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

I think that's entirely depend upon the attitude and nature of the student.
In hostel the student may miss his/her family and might not able to concentrate.The status of other students might hunt.Many factors over here are countable.In the other hand,at home,you may not get the environment required for good studies.
The vital and most important thing is how a student set his/her mind,how he make all the needful adjustment.and where he is able to focus more.
Regarding communication skills and technical knowledge,we need a competitive place.The more we communicate the better we will become.

#30242    Author: deepali bansal      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 18/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 5

In my point of view Home is the best place to study because there is so much disturbance in hostel but in home one can study at any place which is peaceful and no one in home will disturb if you tell them not to disturb. At home your mom can also look after you while you are studying. she takes care of your meal and also ask you for tea and coffee if you are studying late night. So home is more better than hostel to study since in homely environment one can study well.

#30254    Author: sonal      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 0     Date: 18/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

the one who is commited to studies will study anywhere

#30339    Author: Jayaseelan      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 0     Date: 19/Sep/2008   Rating: 4 out of 54 out of 54 out of 54 out of 5     Points: 6

hi..
Its better to study with our friends.. because we can share our knowledges and also there is an opportunity to know more about the topics that whatever we dont know it... k .

#30340    Author: karthi      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 0     Date: 19/Sep/2008   Rating: 4 out of 54 out of 54 out of 54 out of 5     Points: 6

compare to me i did my schooling 11th and 12th in hostel..after my college life in home..both are best..the thing is we want to do study..

#30346    Author: Kannan RK.      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 1670     Date: 19/Sep/2008   Rating: 4 out of 54 out of 54 out of 54 out of 5     Points: 6

Hi Arthanari,

For studying both the hostel and home are suitable.
But in both places the situation will change.
If you are in your home then you will not have any disturbance and you don't want to worry about other things.
If you are in hostel you can study with other students but you have to take care of all your things.One advantage with the hostel is that we will go through the normal flow with other students,which makes the study interesting and you can finish your work with some joy.
But in home you have the privacy but you will be get bored as you are alone.

Kannan RK.
Member,ISC.

#30400    Author: satheesh      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 19/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 5

i think both or best because in our we can get the thing whatever we want!but in the hostel we have the lot of friend so we can able to get more knowledge from the entire world and get more ideas while we discuss from the friends if you think the hostel is the best place to study i give the advice depend upon your best good friends you can more ideas if you have the bad friends you cannnot able to study so select the place asper your situation

#30471    Author: Shirish Patil      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 1341     Date: 20/Sep/2008   Rating: 4 out of 54 out of 54 out of 54 out of 5     Points: 6

I think that place doesent matter on study.

Consentration is main thing while studying.

Some people are study in front of TV also.

But the question is which is best place to study hostel or home?

Then home is best for study then hostel.In home we face less disturbance than hostel while studing.

-shirish

#30798    Author: Rajendra      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 0     Date: 22/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

In my opinion to study a best place is hostel. This is mainly
It provides you some sort of freedom
You learn to analyze situation, choose the most appropriate decision, and finally make a decision
It gives you an opportunity to study different people in the world and how to deal with them
It helps you to understand the truths of life.
There is a hesitation that student may got bad habits. But I know many who have these habits even if they are at home. Even we can take some cares for this purpose.

Hostel helps you to have an independent life with basics of it. So I suggest this hostel life to be the best to study

#30830    Author: Gitolekha      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 1704     Date: 22/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 5

Hi Arthanari,
I had been a good student throughout, but I was supposed to go to the hostel for few years. The first year was very tough for me, studying was even tougher, everybody had erratic schedules, somebody would scream loudly while studying, somebody would want to talk to me about something etc. etc. It was very tough and my result was not good that year, next year, due to health problem for the bad food in hostel I moved back to home and everything became normal as usual.
So, I think, home is the best place.

#31701    Author: dipak      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 0     Date: 27/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

Hostel is the best place for study because it is the place where person get peace and he will be alone to study and also with his friends and take help from them on difficult topic whenever need.

#31720    Author: dipak      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 0     Date: 27/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

Home is the best place to Study. If you are in hostel, there will not be any restriction. Most of the time, you will try to go out with your friends for enjoyment like movies etc., If you are in a home, your parents will control you then you can study well. I think most of the peoples will think, if their home is near to the college, definitely they will be dayscholar only...

#31721    Author: dipak      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 0     Date: 27/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

#31722    Author: dipak      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 0     Date: 27/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

You learn to analyze situation, choose the most appropriate decision, and finally make a decision
It gives you an opportunity to study different people in the world and how to deal with them
There is a hesitation that student may got bad habits. But I know many who have these habits even if they are at home. Even we can take some cares for this purpose.

Hostel helps you to have an independent life with basics of it. So I suggest this hostel life to be the best to study

#31723    Author: dipak      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 0     Date: 27/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

#31724    Author: dipak      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 0     Date: 27/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

#31725    Author: dipak      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 0     Date: 27/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

#31726    Author: dipak      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 0     Date: 27/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

#31727    Author: dipak      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 0     Date: 27/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

#31728    Author: dipak      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 0     Date: 27/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

#31729    Author: dipak      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 0     Date: 27/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

#31730    Author: dipak      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 0     Date: 27/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

#31731    Author: dipak      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 0     Date: 27/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

#31732    Author: dipak      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 0     Date: 27/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

#31733    Author: dipak      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 0     Date: 27/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

#31734    Author: dipak      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 0     Date: 27/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

#32068    Author: palvir sarao      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 286     Date: 28/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

Hi,
I Think hostel is the best place to imporve our all skills like english communication,update technical knowledge..In hostel the student may miss his/her family and might not able to concentrate.The status of other students might hunt.Many factors over here are countable.In the other hand,at home,you may not get the environment required for good studies.
The vital and most important thing is how a student set his/her mind,how he make all the needful adjustment.and where he is able to focus more.
Regarding communication skills and technical knowledge,we need a competitive place.If you are in hostel you can study with other students but you have to take care of all your things.One advantage with the hostel is that we will go through the normal flow with other students,which makes the study interesting and you can finish your work with some joy.
But in home you have the privacy but you will be get bored as you are alone

#32121    Author: rishab      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 28/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

The best place of study in Home or Hostel, is a difficult question as it depends, the condition of Home environment and at the same time , the quality of Hostel.

But overall comment, as I feel, it is always good for study in home. In Home, first of all the parents restrictions always will be there and moreover, necessary requirements are also available in Home which may not be available in Hostel. As there is complete freedom in Home, one can spend more as per his/her suitable timings which will result more concentration on his/her subject. As parents affection will be there, our mind will always fresh and happy.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.

Return to Discussion Forum
Start new thread

Awards & Gifts
Active Members
TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.