Forums » About IndiaStudyChannel » Self Introduction »

How to sit in the Interview room?

Posted Date: 06 Sep 2008      Posted By:: Arthanari Profile photo    Member Level: Gold    Member Rank: 215     Points: 1   Responses: 28

What postion we want to sit in the interview room..which one is good position to sit..

Thanks & Regards,
Arthanari.

Responses

#28213    Author: dipti      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 06/Sep/2008   Rating: 4 out of 54 out of 54 out of 54 out of 5     Points: 6

First one should ask permission for entering the room.Then one should greet the interviewer/examiner.Once he offers you a seat,then only you should seat.This shows that one has respect for them.Sit with back straight.Don't bend.Show confidence & smile on your face.Have a look at all the people who are supposed to conduct interview.Look into their eyes.Don't look down or away from their eyes.One can fold his or her hands or keep on thighs.This is to prevent any unnecessary gestures.Don't argue with interviewer.Be polite & answer properly.Your voice should be clear & loud.If you can't hear interviewer's voice,say "Pardon or sorry" & requeest him to talk loudly.
Don't show "hurry,worry,curry"nature.Have presence of mind.You can take a few seconds before answering a question.Be firm about your opinion.Interviewer will try to change your mind & test you.Interviewer will check all these things.

#28318    Author: SANJEEV RANJAN DESAI      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 0     Date: 06/Sep/2008   Rating: 4 out of 54 out of 54 out of 54 out of 5     Points: 6

You have asked regarding sitting in the interview room.First you should take permission to enter the room.After that you should greet all the members by saying good morning sir/s or madam/s according to the situation.You remain standing near the chair till the board member asks you to sit down.Wait for five seconds,they would say sit down.After sitting down you should say thank you.Your manner of sitting should be uncrossed legs or hands other it will send negative nonverbal communication.Try not to keep your hand or files on the table.Your gaze should be social gaze.Here I need to explain the social gaze.Suppose you want to see a person in social gaze;assume an inverted triangle whose base is a line joining his both the eyebrows and apex is the chin,the lateral sides are made by line joining lateral end of corresponding eyebrow to the chin.try to see the person you facing in that very triangular area.That is the social gaze.Your non verbal communication becomes positive in social gaze.You can practise social gaze by making such triangle on picture and fixing your gaze in triangular area.

#29102    Author: Arthanari      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 215     Date: 11/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

thanks for all your reply can any one tell soem other points..

Thanks & Regards,
Arthanari.

#29163    Author: Sri Harsha      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 0     Date: 11/Sep/2008   Rating: Revenue Score: 0     Points: 0

Hello dear...
dis should help u....

Interview Body Language

Handshake: A dry, firm hand shake reflects a strong personality and is what most employers are looking for. Limp, sweaty hands are definitely a no. This is the first body language in the interview that your interviewer will "read".

Hands: Do not exaggerate hand gestures when you are talking. Try answering an interview question in front of a mirror to help you understand how much you move your hands while talking.

Eye Contact: Maintain eye contact but do not stare. If you are uncomfortable with this kind of body language look at the interviewer's nose as it has the same effect. Do not let your eyes wander away from your interviewer.

Posture: Reflects energy, enthusiasm and self control. Stand and sit erect. Slouching does not reflect a positive attitude in interview body language.

Fidget: Simple - do not fidget. Avoid playing with you hair, clicking pens and the like

need more????????

#29261    Author: Sri Harsha      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 0     Date: 12/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 0

hey y i hav -ve pts...

#29263    Author: Ankush Das      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 45     Date: 12/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

Hi Sri Harsha,
Simple, your response is copied and violates our copyright rules. It's easy enough to catch the copied responses and articles. I you have any more queries please let me know or just respond to this forum. If you want, I can also give you the name of the sites in detail. Whatever you do do, please do not copy from other sites, if you know write on your own. It's also easy to determine whether you are copying or not by looking at your wordings. Normally, you write your responses in short words as y, dis but when you see the specific message, it clearly demonstrates the response being copied by the member. Please do not ever copy. Help everyone by working hard and take a cue from our new member and editor Dr. Sanjeev(Sandy).

Regards,
Ankush Das
(Editor, IndiaStudyChannel)

Regards,
Ankush Das

#29264    Author: shiva sankaran      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 0     Date: 12/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 5

there is no specific ways to sit in an interview room. everyone knows how to sit in home and in an interview room.

just sit in a way as casual as you wish. but be careful that you neither be tensed nor be overconfidence. be confident in your facial expressions so that the interviewer concentrates on your responses and not in your sitting position

be calm and cool in your position. once you sit properly then concentrate on the questions and discussions so that you may not concentrate on your sitting position and may lead to miscommunication.

#29268    Author: Rahul      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 739     Date: 12/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

sit straight, make sure your legs not crossed, dont lock your hands, dress well, sit properly using chair means comfertably, dont sit near edge of chair this seems, you are less confident.

#29280    Author: Kepler Manuel      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 0     Date: 12/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 5

The first and foremost thing is that one should never take a seat before asked to or before asking permission to do so. Thank the interviewer before you take your seat. While you sit, you should be sitting straight and looking at the interviewer's eye. Avoid unnecessary hand movements and try to keep your thighs perpendicular to the ground. Never ever try to put one leg over the other while you are sitting.

While getting up, you should gently push your chair and the get up. Its always good to avoid unnecessary noises.

#29298    Author: Nikhil Kumar      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 0     Date: 13/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 5

In my view interview calculates your internal views or you can say "What you are from inside!". It doesn't matter how you sit, it matters how you present yourself in front of others.

Your sitting should not be offensive.

Chair space should be covered properly.

Back must be straight but not tense.

Shoulder must not represent effil tower they must be parallel.

Hands relaxed but not tight.

Legs 90* at knees.

Don't create clapping sound from foot.

Better Luck!

#29302    Author: Antony      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 13/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

Hi friends,

Really this discussion is very useful to me, because i was faced many problems while i was going to interviews and all.

Mainly in Sri Harsha's comments he told some tips what should be maintained on the interview, in that i am not fit, why i am telling means, for me, my hands will be sweating all time, because of this i missed many opportunities, in the interviews and in many places.

Then as Nikhil Kumar said the sitting positions, it is very useful for me, and it will be very useful for others also.

Thanks Arthanari for starting this kind of discussions, and thanks for the replayed friends with great informations...

#29557    Author: deepali bansal      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 14/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 5

In my personal grooming classes i learned how to sit in an interview room.Have a confident walk without knocking sound of your shoes.Then slowly slide your chair near you and sit properly with your back touching to chair back.Put your hands on your lap in parallel.Don't show any nervousness on your face.Sit properly with confidence and sit straight without doing too much movements.I learned this very practically in my personal grooming classes. I think this is very important to how to posture yourself when you sit for an interview.

#29588    Author: Pradip Kumar Pal      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 219     Date: 14/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

Giving interview while being seated with your future boss you must be calm and comfortable in your formal attire.You must not be surprised or get distracted by anything that is happening on and around you.You must be building a great rapport. You picked the perfect place to sit for the interview which is paying off. Being seated it can help you give a better interview. poor sitting choice can lead to awkwardness.People going around outside interview room, receptionist and even the clock can totally tank your concentration. Try to position yourself so that you are facing a blank.You should be trying to focus. You should remain focused.

#29617    Author: Arthanari      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 215     Date: 15/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

hi i thanks for all your comments..its all good comments..i will follow that..thank you again..

Thanks & Regards,
Arthanari.

#29642    Author: Gitolekha      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 1686     Date: 15/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

Hi Arthanari,
Very interesting topic. As per my experience of both giving and taking interviews I have noticed that sitting posture, body language has a lot with getting a job or not getting it. First of all do not wear shining, loud clothes on the interview day. Wear clean, ironed clothes.Sit in an straight posture though not stiff. We have a tendedncy to lean forward while answering questions, make sure you do not sit right at the edge of the seat. Seat comfortably.Do no put your leg on top of another so that it points to the interviewer. Do not move your hands too much to express your points so that it seems awkward to the interviewer. Do not present yourself as very loud.
Make eye contact while answering, smile when required, look confident.Rest is your knowledge and luck.

#29857    Author: Arthanari      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 215     Date: 16/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 0

hi Gitolekha,
i thank for your comments..

Thanks & Regards,
Arthanari.

#29865    Author: varun sharma      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 16/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

Hi All,

Very useful post .
I have gathered lots of knowledge on how to behave and sit when getting interviewed. This post will really help me lot.

Thanks everybody

Varun Sharma

Varun Sharma

#30132    Author: gourish      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 18/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

interview style

1 wear formul dress

2 be bold

3 toke like you are for them only

4 make some jokes

5 make some impresion

#30181    Author: Sri Harsha      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 0     Date: 18/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 5

Hi Ankush Das,
As u said i copied the content,i accept but i didt meant to do it...U just check all my replies, no reply will hav copied text...but for this discussion i tought tht content should be pasted as such so i did...i know d rules nd i follwing it,i dont hav any intentions like becoming a diamond member by pasting things,i do this out of interest and i'm not expecting any benifits it was just an incident, but wat u done is like discouraging,thts y i didt post anything for this many days...if u think it was unknown incident forgive me,else............plz reply...anyways sorry for tht:)

#30212    Author: Kannan RK.      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 1655     Date: 18/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

Hello Arthanari,

While attending an interview first you should ask permission to get in the room,then sit only after they offer you the seat.Then sit without bending your back,dont afraid,be confident.

Kannan RK.

#30216    Author: Ankush Das      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 45     Date: 18/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

Hi Sri Harsha,
I can understand but the thing is that if you don't know about a topic, don't respond to it but never ever copy. We tell members not to copy as these sites might later sue IndiaStudyChannel for copyright infringement. That is why, we advise members against it. I hope this is a lesson for you. Don't worry, learning curves like this will help you to get used to IndiaStudyChannel and actually I also started off in this way. I never used to copy forum responses but I used to copy forum responses. Later, I stopped it and now I am the editor guiding others. Don't worry it's OK. I hope you understand it. I am giving your response 0 points in lieu of -20. I think it's fine.

Regards,
Ankush Das

Regards,
Ankush Das

#30220    Author: Sri Harsha      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 0     Date: 18/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

Hi Ankush Das,

Thanx for response...i was helping ppl, but tht violated the rules...which resulted in a bad remark...let me correct myself by giving info to d forums as per d rules...

Regards,
Sri Harsha

#30238    Author: satheesh      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 18/Sep/2008   Rating: Revenue Score: 0     Points: 0

FIRST U MUST REFRESH UR MIND FROM THE THOUGHTS LIKE WHETHER YOU GET THE JOB OR NOT AND WHAT ARE THE QUESTIONS THEY ASK.SO NO THOUGHTS WHILE ENTER YOUR INTERVIEW ROOM . AND THEN SIT BOLD IN FRONT OF THE HR AND FEEL HR AS YOUR FRIEND AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS CAREFULLY AND DON'T BE NERVOUS DEFINITLY YOU WILL THE GET THE JOB

#30262    Author: Ankush Das      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 45     Date: 18/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 5

Satheesh,
Avoid writing anything in full uppercase(capital letters). This causes reading problems and the bigger such posts the more is the problem to read it. Please use lowercases. That makes reading easy and also make the forum look cleaner and nicer. Please adhere to this with immediate effect.

Regards,
Ankush Das

Regards,
Ankush Das

#30336    Author: Jayaseelan      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 0     Date: 19/Sep/2008   Rating: 4 out of 54 out of 54 out of 54 out of 5     Points: 6

hi..
Sit in opposite to the interviewer is good..
it helps us to concentrate on questions and our answers.
before an interviewer we should be bold and strong..

#30341    Author: karthi      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 0     Date: 19/Sep/2008   Rating: 4 out of 54 out of 54 out of 54 out of 5     Points: 6

based on the interviewer only answer this question..you can sit ur comfortable..

#30870    Author: aryan wasewar      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 0     Date: 22/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 5

Hi,
Before entering the room always ask to come in.

Sit only when they ask to do so.

Try to sit infront of the interviewer and show that you are confident about youself.

Try to make demarcation between confidence and overconfidence.

Do not try to play with anything keeping on the table.

Sometimes they asked you stress questions to know that how you react at stress or pressure. So don’t loss your temperament and have to reply positively.

#32101    Author: Khemraj      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 2495     Date: 28/Sep/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

Just sit as you think relaxed.
But keep attention of all.
Say, " I only do a job at a time." and reply one by one.
See the questioner on his/ her eyes.
Don't be afraid of them all.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.

Next : Can any one tell me about interview HR questions?
Previous : What is the best way to answer interview questions?
Return to Discussion Forum
Post New Message
Category: Self Introduction

Related Messages

Awards & Gifts
Active Members
TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

Online Members

R Pramod
More...
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.