Forums » General » Miscellaneous »

Point out the best ways to save water in our daily lives.

Posted Date: 27 Apr 2009      Posted By:: Brian Soares     Member Level: Silver    Member Rank: 0     Points: 1   Responses: 8

Point out the best ways to save WATER in our daily lives.

Responses

#80658    Author: Sakthi      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 1272     Date: 27/Apr/2009   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

There are many ways in which an individual can save water actually. Let me point out a few:

1. Close the taps tightly. Saving drops over a long time will save a lot of water.

2. While washing tour hands in the basin, open the tap to the required level instead of opening it to the fullest.

3. Try using bucket and mugs instead of showers. If you are using shower, atleast close it while using soap.

4. If you think, the water is going to get wasted, pour it onto the plants instead of in the open.

This is all that comes into my mind for now. If I think of anything else, I'll post it.

Remember, "Little drops make an ocean."

Join the Manchester United fan club!!

#80663    Author: Ashwin Ravichandran      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 27/Apr/2009   Rating: 4 out of 54 out of 54 out of 54 out of 5     Points: 6

Water is the main cause and source for living things. There's a saying that a human and any other thing can live without food for sometime but not water. That way it is precious and related to our living. There's a lot of hue and cry, still nobody bothers. I feel a major percentage of people doesn't give any proper attention even now. There was a lesser or the required population earlier and the water resourcing was abundance. Now, the the population of any living thing is very much ont he higher side and this is the eleventh hour cry that we really act on it to use and preserve it very wisely. As said, every drop counts definitely for the family at least. There is already ration for water in metros and big cities.

My suggestions :

While brushing, face washing, shaving etc. use max. two mugs of water.

During summer, the water scarcity is more but some of us take bath two times. It's one or two times whatever, use one bucket of water only at a time for the purpose. This we can try.

Daily use of washing machine is a damage to the machine and also the water consumption is much more. Keep a track and use thrice a week. In fact, hand wash would be a very good exercise for hands, neck, back and the whole body while used on the balance days in a week.

Toilet etc, keep a watch and use to the requirement.

In general, regular inspection and watching out for seepage and leak from the tubes, pipes, joints would be a definite helping hand for water preservation.

In the kitchen sink also, while leaving utensils for clean, sprinkle some water so that these are soaked for sometime before scrubbing. This would ease very minimum usage of water. During cleaning, without out knowledge, the running water will slip away from the tank very heavily. For this, we may use one big tube with half filled water, put all scrubbed utensils, clean and again put in another half filled tub soak, smooth gentle wash for the final clean. There's a big water saving in this process.

Car cleaning can be done with water thrice a week and gentle dusting alone for the other days. This would present your car more gleem and shine. Always keep the car covered when not in use to avoid maximum dust and other elements.

Beyond every other thing, there is our conscious and our mind to work on this sensitive subject for the safety and betterment of ours and the upcoming generation.

#80767    Author: Neelam      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 1547     Date: 28/Apr/2009   Rating: 4 out of 54 out of 54 out of 54 out of 5     Points: 6

There are few ways which can help us saving water.

I feel house maids waste a lot of water when they wash cloths/utensils they keep the water taps on during whole process. They don't get enough water where they stay but it never comes into their mind to save water at their working place. We should tell them the importance to save water.

Tell family members specially kids if any in house not to waste waster. Kids enjoy playing with water.

While brushing teeth don't keep the tap on. On it when you require water. Avoid unwanted use of water in wash room.

When you are in office make sure you don't leave any tap open and if somebody leaves with open tap tell them to close if they don't close you do it in front of them. Next time when they do same mistake they will remember you.

Regards,
Neelam

#80785    Author: Ajay Kumar      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 601     Date: 28/Apr/2009   Rating:     Points: -20

[Response removed by Admin for invalid response to the thread or violation of forum policies.]

#80907    Author: rajesh kumar varma      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 28/Apr/2009   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

Hello
Brian soares before i response you question there are four responses by AUTHOR SHAKTI,SUKANYA RAVICHANDRAN,NEELAM GANGULY,AND AJAY KUMAR all author's given best idea to save water,but MY idea to save water is difficult to follow for everyone in short my idea is NO TAPS, NO WASH BASIN IN BATHROOM'S AND IN KITCHEN, IN PLACE OF TAP'S PUT MINI WATER TANK IN BATHROOM AND TAKE WATER FROM MINI TANK FOR USE OTHER OPTION IS IF THERE IS TAP'S THEN WE USE TO FULL MINI TANK ONLY THEN WE TAKE WATER FROM THE TANK I THINK THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO SAVE LOT OF WATER.

Regards
Rajesh Mayach
Active Mbr

#80912    Author: Sakthi      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 1272     Date: 28/Apr/2009   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

Its an interesting idea suggested by Rajesh - to remove all the taps in the house. It is true that when we use taps instead of buckets, we end up using more water. For the same process - like washing hands, if we take water from bucket instead of getting it from the tap, we consume less because there is no wastage of flowing water.

But in the fast times of today, this idea would not be feasible. We are all usually in a hurry and using taps will help us getting the water faster. So, we are stuck here in deciding between water saving and time saving.

#80957    Author: rajesh kumar varma      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 28/Apr/2009   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

Hello
Shakti your response(But in the fast times of today, this idea would not be feasible. We are all usually in a hurry and using taps will help us getting the water faster. So, we are stuck here in deciding between water saving and time saving) is exactly right i agree but then hard to save lot of water.

Regards
Rajesh Mayach
Active Mbr

#80965    Author: Sakthi      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 1272     Date: 28/Apr/2009   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

Yes, this is the curse of today. Technology is there to make life easier for us but it also harms us in certain ways. The same with the development of cars and ACs. They make our life easier but harm the environment, which in turn make our life harder.

"We tend to get into a system from which we cannot come out even though we want to."

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.

Return to Discussion Forum
Start new thread

Awards & Gifts
Active Members
Today
    Last 7 Daysmore...

ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.