- Category: Group Discussions
- #82558Most of the part of world still differentiates between a girl child and boy child. Girl child is aborted before she comes into the world. Even educated people don't take their steps off doing this.
Days are gone when only boys use to take care of parents. Now parents can neither depend on daughter nor son who can take care of them. Possibilities are both can take care or none will take care.
- #82689No matter how much efforts we put in this situation we cannot solve this problem. The problem of the differences between boy and girl child will always remain the same. We won't be able to make people consider boys and girls as equal. The problem starts by killing the girl child in the womb or after the birth mainly in the rural or suburban areas of our country in which most of the people are uneducated. I really don't understand that on one side people worship the girl as goddess then how can they even think that girls are different from boys and try to kill them or doesn't give them the equal rights as the boys.
When a girl child is born people start considering them a burden on them. They think that this girl is the treasure of someone else then why to take care of them. They put many many restriction on the girl child. They don't even care of educating their girl child. They don't think that girls should be given equal rights as it is given to the boys.
People have to learn that there is no difference between a girl and a boy child. They both can give support them in there life. Today girls have overcome boys in every field. And also a women ruled over the the Great Britain and even India.
We should respect the girls and throw away the difference between girls and boys.
- #82919Yes dear
The way they a girl child is brought up is totally different even in an educated family.
The freedom is limited,I don't say to allow girls roam in late nights.But give them enough liberty.Same restriction should be followed with boys so that most of the problems of girls would be sorted out because the causes of the problems are mainly the boys.
The education is limited to girls though girls are now well educated,parents definitely think to give a girl a costlier education since she will get married and leave the family and if the in-laws compell her not to work the education is of total waste to her.
Even in child hood girls are made to do all the work while boys are allowed to play all day long,this is the main cause of the attitude of boys who hesitate to help their wives in kitchen and feel inferior if they were to do.
See guys are also living in the same home,and girls are also working and earning for the family,hence sharing household work has nothing to feel inferior.
If men say that it is okay for them to help their wives but are afraid of the comments of neighbours,men please listen it is you who are living the life and you must decide how you should live not others.
Any way definitely the difference really affects the grown up people also in many ways.
I wish a future good for both men and women
- #83989Most of peoples still differentiates between a girl child and boy child. Girl child is aborted. Even educated people don't fill shame doing this.
In rural area the problem is bigger.When a girl child is born people start considering them a burden on them. They put many many restriction on the girl child. They don't even care of educating their girl child.That girls not given equal rights as it is given to the boys.
Marriage and dowery related expenditures worsens the problem.Even in child hood girls are made to do all the work while boys are allowed to play all day long.
when boys help in kitchen feels inferior if they were to do.And people around them also feel same.
The freedom is limited.Same restriction should be followed with boys also .
- #86939i agree with you but not totally
because now the discrimination between a boy and a girl is very acute as compared to early time and also every thing transforms slowely and gradually.
but in some states the discrimination is threr and it should be avoided.
Yes it is true that even some of the parents find differences in boy and girl children. This happens especially when it matters on higher education, wealth matters etc. In such cases, more importance is given to a boy child as the parents fell that boy child will be with the parents until life time and since the girl has to move on to the another house after marriage should not be given more importance. This is what some of the parents think of.
But now the scene has completely changed. The majority of the parents see both the boy and the girl child equally. This is my opinion.
- #87529very true till today there is a discrimination between male and female child and ppl prefer to have a male child than to have a female child ...male is considered to be lucky, bread earner for future and helps in growing and glorifying the family for the decades together ....but they do not think that a girl is also a human being and can do lot for the family....but who cares...
Today though the world has changed to the 20'th century but there are still some people who don't give equal rights to a girl as that of a boy.In our country , a girl is considered to be a goddess and she is treated like a goddess in some parts of the country. While In some other parts , they are considered to be the sign of something bad. In Bihar, Gujarat, Punjab, Madhya pradesh, Rajasthan etc these problems are very severe and the discriminant shown is not making the girls to study, making them bind to the works of house hold even at a very short age, not making the girls to participate in any activity outside the house, making them to accept a responsibility which is much higher to their age.In urban cities this problem is very much removed however there are people who go for marriages at an early age even though the girl wants to study .
- #89610foolish people do differentiation between a girl and a boy. Now girls are proving themselves in every field,they are no less. They are capable of doing everything if proper exposure is given to them.