Basic Tips to save electricityThis are some of the basic tips to save electricity which usually get ignored, but can save upto 30% electricity:
- Set the temperature of your airconditioners to 25 or 26 degrees.
- switch off your mobile phones at night or when you go to sleep. Just imagine if u have 4 cell phones at ur place 4 X 7 sleeping hrs X 365 days saves lots of battery and eventually ur electricity.
- Try to receive all your calls on landline number when you are at home or office place. Mobiles were invented for being used when you travel. This will not only save electricity but also saves you from mobile radiations.
- Set your desktop or laptop to sleep mode with screen going blank within 5 minutes of unused time. This really works guys believe me this has been tested.
- Avoid using electrical cooking gas and water heaters, replace them with ones working on natural gas or LPG gas. It will save you a lot of money after initial capital cost.
- Exhaust fans in toilets and kitchens are the most likely to left on without purpose. pls avoid installing them and if installed switch off if not wanted.
- Use solar chargers to recharge your mobiles.
- Instead of using electric water purifiers at home, drink water that is boiled on gas stoves its much safer than that from purifier.
- Avoid extentions and spykguards that have small indicator lights.
- Never keep your electrical equipments on standby mode such as ACs, TVs, music systems, etc, as the standby lights provided on them consume electricity upto 3 units per month.
- While buying electrical equipments just check for energy star logo and its rating on it. Higher the rating higher the equipment is energy efficient and higher the savings.
- If possible get your building or society to install common solar water heaters for all the flats in the building. They will save a lot of electricity.
- The temperature of the refridgerator is always ignored. It should be adjusted to minimum in summers and maximum during winters. It saves amazing amount of electricity.
- At last it goes without saying pls switch off the main switch when u are off for a long weekend or vacation.
SAVE ELECTRICITY-SAVE FUEL-SAVE TREES-SAVE FORESTS-SAVE YOURSELF