Forums » General » Miscellaneous »

In how many days an ordinary post is posted within India?

Posted Date: 17 May 2010      Posted By:: Pam M Profile photo    Member Level: Gold    Member Rank: 260     Points: 1   Responses: 4

how days it take to post an ordinary post with in India by post office. destination-orissa to hydrabad .do you have any idea?

BEST OF LUCK FROM,
PAMELA...
Editor in Review, Forum & Community

Responses

#140067    Author: K Mohan      Member Level: Platinum      Member Rank: 4     Date: 17/May/2010   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

Now a days postal services have become lazy and irrelevent after e mails came to existance. There are so many trains pass through Orissa to Hyderabad and a mail must be received in two days. But i feel the mails are delivered after one week which is hieght of worst services.
Since there is no comepetition for govt mail service, the lazy of staff is always visible.

K Mohan

Follow mission, the commission and recognition will follow you.

#140098    Author: Vijay Kumar Vishwakarma      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 331     Date: 18/May/2010   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

Dear Pamela,

An ordinary post in India takes about 10 to 15 days to reach at the destination. Well, in India there are many posts/letter to be reached and they need an automated system like Royal Mail in England. Then this problem will be solved. Indian Postal Service is the biggest postal service n the world.

Thanks & Regards!

#140143    Author: Swastika      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 520     Date: 18/May/2010   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

It totally depends Upon the communication facility available to the delivery place.

I have always Heard about so many complains regarding postal delay but when ever some one sent me any letter or any thing by Indian post I get with in 4-5 days from the date of dispatch.

I got my Google adsense PIN with in 6 days of there dispatch

Get Expert advice about Stock Market

#140236    Author: SUBRAMANIAN,P.R.      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 191     Date: 18/May/2010   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 5

Dear Pamela ,
The Postal Department was a credible Service Department in those days and every employee was proud to work in P&T department those days.With the advent of modern communication facilities and equipments at a far less price like Cell phone, e-mail., etc., the Postal Department has lost its charm. The employees are paid low salary and their morale is also very low.

Coming to your point , it is essential that one must give the destination points clearly to assess the time required for delivering the letter.While you have mentioned Hyderabad as the destination place, you have not clearly mentioned from where the letter is posted in Orissa - Orissa is a state and is spread over a vast area .One must also know the mode of transport and connectivity between these two places to give you the time required for the letter to reach from Orissa to Hyderabad.As such, your question needs to be corrected to give a valid answer.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.

Return to Discussion Forum
Start new thread

Awards & Gifts
Active Members
TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.