The parents and surrounding people used to say to the students, "its public exam and you need to concentrate more". They make more tension and more fear on the students.
Students also taking their words seriously and felling the board examination will be different from the normal examination. The questions will not take from outside syllabus or from somewhere.
The student need to understand, the board exam also as same as normal exam. The parents must make their children to feel free about board exam and don't make the children to be tensed before and during exams. If it happen, students will write their exam well.
This is the universal true every student doesn't like to give exams and many of them are afraid of exams.
How to make students to face exams strongly
1. Try to motivate them.
2.Teach them very nicely and effectively.
3.Give them ideas how to get good marks.
4.Give them internal support.
5.Make them very strong to face exam.
Member of ISC
The blame should go to the parents who create a fear psychosis in their children.
The parent become overenthusiastic and expect from their children what is beyond the capacity of a child to achieve. They wrongfully compare the achievement of brilliant student with their own child and want their children to do better than the best student in the class. If the student is an average learner, how can he compete with the best in the class.
Instead the parents and children should instill the confidence in the child to face the examination in a normal and calm manner. They should encourage the children to better instead of discouraging them by comparing them with one or the other students.
The intelligence quotient is not the same with everyone of us. The mental development of a child differs from child to child. Only thing we can do is to encourage the child and tell him :Yes, you can do it.
We should tell a child to work hard and leave the rest to god and fate.
"Teaching is my passion and sharing knowledge is my motto"
Lead Editor Forums Section
1. Parents and teachers should not force the children to study as
this will develop a sort of aversion to studies in the child.
2. Parents and teachers are not supposed to compare the child's
performance with other intelligent children as this will create
hatred towards the particular child.
3. Parents and teachers should bring awareness among the children
about the board exam.
4. Parents are not supposed to show their anxiety for their child's
exam in front of the child.
5. Parents and teachers should give the children proper guidance on
board exams instead of creating a fear for the exam in them.
6. Last but not the least the children are encouraged to have
positive thoughts and vibes.
This year i am also going to appear for 10th class S.S.C examinations. When i asked my senior's about your problem the answer was surprising. They told me that this public examinations are only meant to test our memory power, that is how much we can memorize and put it in answer paper. So don't be afraid and remember that these marks have very little affect in our life.
The word examination, as such causes,anxiety,fear,nervousness,it is natural with every human being,herein it applies,not only to the students but to matured adults also[upto an extent].
The need is counseling,counseling & counseling.
Counseling for throughout studies,year long.
Counseling to overcome the anxiety.
Counseling of parents for no comparision attitude.
Counseling of students for no longer period of studies before a day of examination.[so that student should avoid whole night studies,before the exam]
Counseling of parents for creating pressure on the child for race of merit.
The advice of proper sleep,meals,also help reduce the fear.
• Learn everything with good concentration and understanding
• Keep everything in memory in inter-relationship
• Revise in the mornings (early morning is the best time, since brain will be more active after a good sleep)
• Prepare for exams right from the beginning and well in advance
• Have confidence that you have learnt everything, you will remember everything, you will present everything and finally you will achieve your goal
Understand the question in depth, answer aptly in a cool manner, without any tension
• Studying continuously (day and night) – relax often to re-charge your brain
• Stimulants - coffee / tea. Better take health drinks to keep good energy levels
• Cool drinks / things to avoid unnecessary cold and fever during exam period
Stress and worries
• Fear of exams / getting blank / forgetfulness
• Underestimating yourself
• Studying only as exams near
• Discussing new things or unknown things before entering the exam hall
Watching others in the examination hall
• Getting tensed by the speed of others in writing and collecting additional sheets
• Feeling of running out of time - relax, set mind to proceed in good speed and spirit till the end of time
• Getting blank on seeing tough questions - on those occasions, just skip that question and go with the next known and simple one. In the mean time, your brain will become energetic enough to answer any sort of questions in an easy manner.
Winning is a good habit but let this habit comes by developing an all round personality.
Action with right purpose brings confidence and gives the courage to fight with any averse situation.
So it is important to face exams with right frame of mind, not with the mind filled with fear.
eTutelage Eduservices Pvt Ltd,
To over come fear, parents should never expect too much from their children and allow them to write the examination very casually. They should take it easy. Parents should tell them encouraging words and assure them that children should not worry about failure.
Parents should also allow their children to get a little bit of entertainment such as watching television, playing out with friends and listening to music when they study for their examinations and should not force them to study for the whole day.
Lastly, the students need moral support and parents should create self-confidence in them.
Read you syllabus thoroughly and recall the information in the form of points which will make things easier.
Do not strain yourself by spending time in reading late hours of the night or very early morning. Both of the types of reading strains your eyes. Sleep at least 7 hours,take proper intake of food and give time for everything equally so that your mental balance remains cool.
Spend some time playing games for about 30 minutes to refresh yourself.
For the earlier reason there is only one solution that the student should study but for the latter one precautions can be taken, as it would create a pressure situation in the mind of the student. Due to this pressure he/she will be unable to memorize anything.