Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore... |
Forums » ISC Announcements » Guidelines & Policies »
New forum submission guidelines
Posted Date: 16 Mar 2011 Posted By:: Nidhi Member Level: Diamond Member Rank: 39 Points: 5 (Rs 4)
Many of you might be aware of new forum submission guidelines. However, I thought it necessary to post these guidelines for the convenience of those who are not aware for the same.
1. Don't post the same message in two forum responses. Suppose in case of welcome of new member, don't repeat the same message again and again rather change your wording each time. If we will do so, then Google will think that we are spammers and this will effect the reputation of ISC. This guideline is also required to prevent spammers to post same message repeatedly.
2. Don't post in a single thread continuously for more than twice. You can post again only after any other member posts his message. Let's understand this guideline with the help of an example: you have replied to the thread of Mr. A, then Mr. B and Mr. C replies to the thread. Again you post message in the same thread addressing to Mr. B and Mr. C. Now you cannot post third message continuously unless any member (say Mr. B or Mr. C or any other member) post a message.
Although the automated system of ISC allows you to post two messages continuously, still it is suggested to avoid posting two messages continuously. Do so in very rare cases. You can address to different members in a single post.
3. Now you can post any number of messages in an hour. (Earlier there was a restriction on posting more than 5 messages in an hour).
4. Many members start meaningless discussions in forums. Please avoid this. Post only logical discussions and try not to spoil the actual value of forums section.
5. Don't post in forums to earn cash credits or points. This section is meant for the interaction among members & for suggestions and queries. ISC has many other sections to earn revenue and cash credits. Participate in them for earning revenue. (In forums, cash credits are given to only exceptionally good responses).
6. Don't discuss unnecessary polls in threads like of actors, movies, etc.
Guidelines for school/ college updates
|#184464 Author: K Mohan Member Level: Platinum Member Rank: 4 Date: 16/Mar/2011 Rating: Points: 3|
Nidhi thanks for bringing this post which is very much required as new members have joined this site and just confused in this forum section. But one grace rule is that we can post any number of messages in an hour and i welcome this step. Like wise the restriction for responding should also be relaxed to some extent.
Use this forum wisely and get recognition instantly.
Platinum through forum
|#184486 Author: Nitheesh (Lucky) Member Level: Diamond Member Rank: 46 Date: 16/Mar/2011 Rating: Points: 3|
Thanks for posting the new forum posting guidelines. And with your examples, it can be understand easily for us. And it will also help the new members to post in the right way. And thanks for removing the restriction of posting 5 posts per hour. You are doing your duty rightly as a forum editor. Keep it up.
|#184500 Author: Ajay Singh Member Level: Gold Member Rank: 226 Date: 16/Mar/2011 Rating: Points: 2|
Hello Nidhi mam,
I think your doing really a good job as an Editor.
If you will do this work continue then you can become lead Editor in the future.
My best wishes are always with you.
Happy Holi in Advance.
|#184634 Author: Vandana Member Level: Diamond Member Rank: 11 Date: 17/Mar/2011 Rating: Points: 6 (Rs 2)|
I would also request you not to post nonsensical Forum threads and avoid posting 1-line news items.
By all means post some news which is fresh, but don't post it like the way it is done at a news-feed site. Put in your viewpoint too in that same Forum thread so that it initiates a discussion from members. Simply posting one-liners is pointless.
Amitabh Bachchan in his first Hollywood film!
|#184635 Author: Bhavani Member Level: Gold Member Rank: 316 Date: 17/Mar/2011 Rating: Points: 2|
Hello Nidhi. This is indeed informative for newcomers like me as how to respond to forum messages. We, ISC members must thank ISC for lifting up the regulation on submission of number of messages within an hour. With gratitudes..Bhavani
|#184744 Author: Sudarmani Member Level: Gold Member Rank: 411 Date: 17/Mar/2011 Rating: Points: 2|
Really a necessary post. Thanks!. Not only new members but also some old members of our ISC also spoil the quality of forum section by violating the guide lines. Those members should take this as a warning.
"if the dreams are big enough , the facts don't count"
Make money online
|#184930 Author: Hafeezur Rahman P Member Level: Diamond Member Rank: 42 Date: 18/Mar/2011 Rating: Points: 6|
This is very nice guideline with very good points for members' who uses ISC/Forum for creating or replying the Forum thread.
I am replying this thread as a member than Editor for Forum or other sections.
For example (only one example), if any member would like to post jokes in ISC/Fourm and it has no use over there but few will enjoy and reply for it (once - when I was a new member, I also used to do this, later I realize it is no use per ISC guideline), Forum editor may delete your jokes (or unnecessary / irrelevant posts) whenever they may find it, it is better the same jokes (not copied one) you may post it in ISC Resource section where there is seperate sub-section for Jokes.
Why you would like to post jokes (or relevant article in relevant place) therein Resource section?
1. First benefit is your resource will be added (as one count) on your ISC profile at Resource category that helps for many reason.
2. It will give you long term benefit and it will help you for increasing traffic if it is unique and good one. If you post it in ISC/Forum - it won't help you for long term traffic and benefit.
3. ISC Forum is only to discuss mostly (let's say 75%) about ISC related query or clarification for many sections of ISC, rest percentage you can use Forum for some hot topic from the various news sources (if it is really deem necessary herein Forum - it is also not sure that your interest of any topic thread created in Forum may attract as interest or not for others), I feel it is better you can post those news info in relevant ISC section that will benefit you for a long term.
Also, only 25% ISC related posts and 75% non ISC news in ISC/Forum is no use.
ISC Editor – Jobs
Writing an article? – Suggestion for ISC Members
|#185026 Author: Sukhdev Singh Member Level: Platinum Member Rank: 12 Date: 18/Mar/2011 Rating: Points: 4|
I agree with Vandana not to post nonsensical messages which hardly convey any meaning. I also suggest that the members should avoid one word or two words titles in their messages as such titles do not convey the meaning of their topics. Some messages are given in such a way that it becomes difficult to find an answer to them. Vandana Madam has pointed out rightly that the creator of a thread must convey his views in brief, about their topics except those which relate to a query or problem about the ISC. Let us make the discussions worth reading. Some members merely post a message just to fill up a line or two which, in fact, does not call for any discussion.
"Teaching is my passion and sharing knowledge is my motto"
Lead Editor Forums Section
Indiastudychannel Platinum membership in 2 years.
|#185184 Author: Komal Sood Member Level: Platinum Member Rank: 5 Date: 18/Mar/2011 Rating: Points: 1|
Thanks for sharing new forum submission guidelines. Also I appriciate and agree to suggestions and guidelines given by Vandana Madam.
Thanks & Regards
Editor - IndiaStudyChannel.com
|#186235 Author: Vikas Srivastava Member Level: Gold Member Rank: 162 Date: 22/Mar/2011 Rating: Points: 3|
I am very thankful to you for this valuable guidelines. Since before I was not aware of this rule so I was posting same welcome message to every new member in ISC. But now I have got your words and in future I will avoid to post same message.
Others have done it, I can do it, I will do it.
"Rise and Shine"-Each day and night.
Different ways of earning money from ISC.
| ||This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.|
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.