Forums » Entertainment » Music »

Quality of Hindi movie songs today?

Posted Date: 21 Jun 2011      Posted By:: Freddy Thomson Profile photo    Member Level: Gold    Member Rank: 214     Points: 2   Responses: 15

What do you think about quality of Hindi movie songs today? Are they as touching as that of olden days? Has their picturisation become very bad? Respond according to your mind.

I don't like today's Hindi music industry. Good songs are very few?
What do you think?

By,
Freddy.

There is not substitute for hard work and no shortcut to success.

Responses

#209449    Author: Pankil      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 1141     Date: 21/Jun/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

i am fan of hindi songs. now days music directors give their best.

old songs have magical effect but we can not say that new hindi songs are not good. songs like kal ho na ho,jay ho & many more are still very difficult to sing even kishor kumar ji or raffi ji might have face problem to sing this songs.

Regards
Pankil Agrawal

#209888    Author: abhi      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 0     Date: 23/Jun/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

yeah today bollywood or you say music industries focus more on music than lyrics. that's a shame they are just monetizing the songs, they make it only for the purpose of selling.
i Hope they will turn back to songs like older days.

#209890    Author: K Mohan      Member Level: Platinum      Member Rank: 4     Date: 23/Jun/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

There are lots of difference between old and the new songs. Old songs gave prominence to lyrics and music too. But new songs give more credence to loud music and less lyrics. Old songs lyrics match our life styles and are hummable, but today's songs are not hummable.

Music has developed a vast with the introduction of so many instruments. The music gets dominated and the singer is unable leave the impact on the listeners.

And tell me frankly, are the lyrics of present day songs does match with the story line of the movie and is there any meaning for these songs.

K Mohan

Forum participation is the stepping
stone for tasting success in this site.

#209966    Author: Sandip Patel      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 9787     Date: 24/Jun/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

U are right think about quality of hindi movie songs today is not better.

#209968    Author: Paresh Gujarati      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 240     Date: 24/Jun/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

Except some of the new songs, old songs was finest to hear and those songs teach us along with entertainment.

Paresh B. Gujarati
PhD(Pursuing)
Gold Medalist-M.Tech
Gold Medalist-B.E.

#209988    Author: praveen vaidya      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 1643     Date: 24/Jun/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 5

*Change is low of nature.

*You heard about the culture and life style of people in at the beginning last century and you are seeing the world of this century, you can not imagine to lead life according to previous one. right?

*In olden days listening film songs, going to movies was banned in the teen age and for the students. But today that is treated as general knowledge. The kids also dance like the bold Bipasha basu and Mallika sherawat, if don't know them you are treated as under developed.

*The two piece and three piece costumes are banned those days, but today they may become the uniforms for the college. The people in that costumes get maximum respect.

*The low level jeans are there, about 3/4th of the students use such jeans now a days.

*On a particular day, we can see the big crowd, near any mandir or church today, not for prayer, but fulfill their own intentions. But in olden days it was only for prayers, because temples were not in our door steps, interested people going to their deity applying so much of efforts.

*Many things to give about the change, now tell me is there any surprise in change in the nature of music and songs, now youths and some old people also like that. I think without marketing nothing can be run today.

#210033    Author: Pankil      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 1141     Date: 24/Jun/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 0

Mr.praveen such a nice ans.

"change is low of nature"

Regards
Pankil Agrawal

#210590    Author: Sumit      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 538     Date: 26/Jun/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Sometimes I don't understand the meaning . What is the actual meaning of that song .

Now a days , most of the song has to clarity . Even sometimes I couldn't heard the voice of the singer , it's all about music .

The lyrics are too bad to hear . Like heap of garbage . Therefore , the songs lasting hardly hardly 1 or 2 months. Because it couldn't make us to feel .

Regarding ,
Sumit Saha

" Education is the transmission of civilization . "
Will Durant

#210786    Author: Pramod Dabholkar      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 50     Date: 27/Jun/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

This is a bit tricky question. But still i can say that till 60-70 % hindi songs have good quality.

Also,we have to check the quality parameters. If we talk about picturisation of songs it has a very high quality.

Technically & music vise songs are certainly many steps ahead than olden era.Buts it is also true that few songs are very bold and containing few bad words.

Thanks & Regards,
Pramod Dabholkar.

#210821    Author: Aamir Shahzad      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 192     Date: 27/Jun/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Hi
Yes it true That Hindi songs are very good with best quality.We can understand and the words meaning in the songs.Music playground are also very good of handi songs.

Regards & Thanks

Silver Member on Indiastudychannel .com

Silver Member on Dotnetspider.com

Gold Member On Mywindowsclub.com

Aamir Khan

Never lie someone Who trust on you.
Never Trust Someone who lies you.

Regards & Thanks
Aamir khan

#210834    Author: Nazim Shaikh      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 809     Date: 27/Jun/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

i like Hindi music, but today's songs are meaningless. in old songs we can understands the feeling one who singing the song. but nowadays there is no feeling remain in the such type of vulgar songs.

"If life is the Game, then I will Play for it"

#211049    Author: Freddy Thomson      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 214     Date: 28/Jun/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

hello,
Guys I thank all you guys for responding to this thread. I believe that Hindi has to improve in giving out decent moral songs touching heart. Anyhow thanks for your views
By,
Freddy.

By,
Freddy.

There is not substitute for hard work and no shortcut to success.

#219920    Author: GadekarPradnya      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 5014     Date: 03/Aug/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 0

I like silent songs .
Hindi songs is very Awesome .

#219941    Author: Bru      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 95     Date: 03/Aug/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

We have records and records of Hindi songs to listen to these days and, pardon me for saying so but most of them we find are simply junks lacking depth and talent.

Most of them are digitally doctored and doesn't demand much of an effort from the artistes. You could have a good computer, a standard music softwares plus an average microphone with a musical concept knowledge and those songs can be churned out. I hope they do not use 'Lyrics Softwares'. Ugh!

Quality has deteriorated and quantity has been given a boost. About time those guys quit playing with the intelligence of the listeners.

Related resource
Western Music in India

"Give the world the best you have, and the best will come back to you"

#219951    Author: Sun      Member Level: Platinum      Member Rank: 10     Date: 03/Aug/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

Not only the Hindi songs. I will say no song in any language is deserve to be appreciated now a days. You can listen only the heavy noisy drum beats and loud blows from the instruments. The lyric can not me made out and meanings not understood.

As we compare and praise our old songs now, I doubt the future generation living in 2050s will not be able to say that songs of early 2000 were of high standard.

Our old songs were of good music and good lyrics which are meaningful and teaches the moral values of life. They still linger in our mind and makes us to hum and sing.

I can still remember many songs of 60s and70s. But not a single line of a song after 2000.

Our music directors should go back to old decades and bring in good melodies and enjoyable music in the film field.

Regards,
Sun of ISC - Let us learn good English through ISC

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.

Next : Ko movie mind blowing songs - what do you think?
Previous : Discuss: Best female playback singer
Return to Discussion Forum
Post New Message
Category: Music

Related Messages

Awards & Gifts
Active Members
TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.