Forums » Education » Admissions »

This Poll is not active any more.

Opinion Poll: Is common entrance exam necessary for professional courses throughout India?

Poll Results

81%  Necessary
18%  Not necessary

Total Votes: 11

Is common entrance exam necessary for professional courses throughout India?

Posted Date: 04 Aug 2011      Posted By:: Bhavani Profile photo    Member Level: Gold    Member Rank: 313     Points: 5   Responses: 7

Medical Council of India announced a common all India medical entrance examination from 2012 for all medical colleges would be conducted throughout India. In Tamil Nadu, the government is against this move in the context that it will impact on the admission for rural students disabling them to get medical seats who follow state syllabus. Since ISC has numerous youth members, I believe ISC would be the best platform to decide whether common entrance exam for engineering and medical colleges throughout India is necessary. Let us discuss and have opinion on this issue.

Responses

#220047    Author: Venkiteswaran.      Member Level: Diamond      Member Rank: 18     Date: 04/Aug/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

I am in support for the single All India entrance examination. That will save lot of time, and tension for students and the institutions.

The preference to be differentiated into state quota and All India quota. Now the students have to run around for different exams.

The reason I stand for single test is that medical education is not state specific.We have common All India examinations and test for most of the jobs. Then why can/t there be a single test for Medical admission also? I suggest that it should be applicable to all all colleges and institutions granted permission to hold medical education.

==================================
Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

#220822    Author: vivek kumar srivastava      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 2219     Date: 07/Aug/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

I think common entrance exam for admission in medical or engineering college is necessary. I am doing b.tech from itbhu so i can discuss this topic. If there is only one exam for admission then students will get profit from this. Number of seats will increase. Let we talk about pmt. If there is no one exam then some students are who qualify many exam like bhu pmt, aiims,amu pmt,cbse pmt and state pmt. Then that student has capture 5 or 6 seats. Then number of seats for average students will decrease. If there are only one exam then that bright students will capture only one seats so number of seats will automatically increase for other students. So i think that it is right.

#220862    Author: pratik      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 2078     Date: 07/Aug/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

for professional course i think it should necessary to have an entrance exam,to assure the ability to study.

#221840    Author: krishh1993      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 0     Date: 11/Aug/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

no this should not happen. At central goverment should bring a balance between the syllabus of all states. Otherwise they have no right to creat problem for the student reading in other boards except cbsce. It wii also give benifit to the some low merit students of cbsc.

#221887    Author: Yash      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 2119     Date: 11/Aug/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Yes,I do think that common entrance exams are necessary for admissions in professional Institutes.It gives opportunity to everyone having secured a certain percent of marks.However the cutoff marks might be decreased for S.T. and S.C. canditates.

#221889    Author: K Mohan      Member Level: Platinum      Member Rank: 4     Date: 11/Aug/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

I think respective states must be given their freedom to conduct Common Entrance test like the one conducted by Andhra University for the EAMCET in AP. But how come Medical Council of India can unilaterally take decision to conduct such exams on all India basis. Therefore the protest lodged by the TN govt is having a logic.

K Mohan

Follow mission, the commission and recognition will follow you.

#221928    Author: Bhavani      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 313     Date: 11/Aug/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

Hi all,

I am of the opinion that there should be a single curriculum framework throughout India and should be equal to all sections of people without disparities. The outcome from having common entrance exam for professional courses, otherwise, would not be fruitful in providing equal opportunities to all. In India, education should be under the central government stream with a single board as against of current multifaceted board exams such as state board, matriculation, Anglo-indian, central board (NCERT) and so on. The affordable can get higher standard of education with financial backup while the downtrodden would be deprived of such standard. Common entrance exam would be ideal if alone these disparities have been completely shunned.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.

Next : M.E computer science vs M.Tech Computer Science
Previous : Admissions Open in IBCS for MBA under Siksha o anusandhan University
Return to Discussion Forum
Post New Message
Category: Admissions

Related Messages

Awards & Gifts
Active Members
TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.