Forums » General » Miscellaneous »

Gandhi jayanti: do you believe in gandhigiri?

Posted Date: 01 Oct 2011      Posted By:: Aman Thakur Profile photo    Member Level: Gold    Member Rank: 369     Points: 4   Responses: 8

Tömmorow 2 oct will be the birth anniversary of Mahatma gandhi. So its the best time to share our knowledge on gandhiian thoughts.
Mahatma gandhi who contritbuted most in our independence is the man known for his principle of non-violance and truth. Aftèr the 64 years of independence do we still have faith on gandhi ji's pirinciples?
Here i request all the members to share their thought on mahatma gandhi

Few words from heart

Responses

#239764    Author: Joe Nisha      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 157     Date: 01/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

Yes Gandhian principles cannot be forgotten nor it can fade. His principles are acclaimed world wide. Above everything else he is a great person of values on this day of Gandhi jayanthi, being Indians we have to remember him and his principles. I have given my views on Gandhiji, his principles, way of life and his birthday in my article Importance of Gandhi Jayanthi .
Gandhi jayanthi wishes to everyone

with regards
Nisha

#239765    Author: Sudhan      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 270     Date: 01/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

Hello Aman,
I would always say that though peace doesn't give a immediate solution it gives a permanent solution the Gandhian principle would always be lost over a period of time this may be proved by the recent success to Anna Hazare's struggle, if you have a good cause and you are striving to attain them through Gandhian principle you would definitely succeed. But note that the cause should be supported by public too.

With Regards,
Sudhan A

"The greatest achievement comes from the biggest challenges"

#239768    Author: Ramprasad      Member Level: Diamond      Member Rank: 26     Date: 01/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

Hi,
Very shame on our part that many of our younger generation youth even do not know who is Mahatma Gandhi. We only remembers our father of nation only his birth day and at Independence day. The younger generation has not got any clue about the services of Gandhi to India. Non alignment and non violence are his weapons with out any single drop of the blood he achieved the success and made India Independent. But in present scenario the Gandhi type hesitation are not affective as the violence has increased and people's mind set also change a lot.

There are some things that money just cannot buy, like manners, morals and intelligence.

#239769    Author: Dr. Sukhdev Roy Shukla      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 108     Date: 01/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

Dear Aman,

The new generation may not be followers of Gandhiji. In fact, many of them may not be even interested to know. But I think during past few years interest has been generated by some happenings. Firstly, a few movies where Gandhigiri has been depicted and its importance today is emphasised. Even in foreign counties this concept has been followed.

Recently, Anna Hazare factor has revived the interest in this phenomenon and there have been efforts to prove its utility even today. This practical demonstrations will be going a long way in reviving Gandhigiri in India.

"Semper Sursum"

#239770    Author: Vineet Mehta      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 592     Date: 01/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

Hi,
Yes I agree that Gandhiji has contributed most in our independence and for this reason he was given title of 'man of the milenium'. I my openion there are only very few people who still have faith in his principle. I todays world where every man lives for himself,his principles have been burrid deep somewhere. I dont think there are many person today who never tells lie for there benifit. Gandhijee definately is man of honour but only remembered twice a year, that is on october 2nd and january 30.

"God Bless All"
Vineet Mehta

#239780    Author: Aman Thakur      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 369     Date: 01/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

I am thankful from core of my heart to share your views.
Earlier after reading about gandhi g I used to thought that was it really possible for a man to win the battle of independence with non-violence? But after the movement of anna hazare g i got my all answers and after that I started to believe in gandhian thoughts.

Few words from heart

#239787    Author: K Mohan      Member Level: Platinum      Member Rank: 4     Date: 01/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Yes Gandhigiri is valid even for today. The best example is the crusade against corruption which was undertaken by Anna Hazare and met with success. It is the best way to melt even the stubborn hearts.

Follow mission, the commission and recognition will follow you.

#239790    Author: Ataul Haque      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 521     Date: 01/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

Yes, definitely from the bottom of my heart i can say "I firmly believe the Gandhian principles and thoughts".
He is still my ideal and i always try to follow his instructions. I even left a company when it become necessary to lie.
I clarified the boss that, no i can't work here for long and i have to go soon leaving this company as i have some other ambitions and jobs. And then he told me, then its not good for us to keep you as short term and you have to decide, what you want to do. So, i quit and sat at home for 3 more months waiting for the date of joining.

Ataul Haque
ISC member
All about Indian people and Indian places!

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.

Next : Today is celebrated as world blood donation day
Previous : Comparison of Life and File
Return to Discussion Forum
Post New Message
Category: Miscellaneous

Related Messages

Awards & Gifts
Active Members
TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.