Forums » Sports » Cricket »

Do you think Irfan pathan should be given one more chance?

Posted Date: 01 Oct 2011      Posted By:: Aman Thakur Profile photo    Member Level: Gold    Member Rank: 369     Points: 5   Responses: 7

Here I want to discuss that should Irfan pathan be given one more chance in India team?
We all know that he is a fine allrounder. Although his perfomance as a bowler has decreased considerably but still he is a decent bowler.
He can be included in the team as a batting allrounder.
Upcoming England tour could provide him the best platform where many of the frontline players were injured. Selectors had given yusuf and jadeja so many chances as allrounders again and again but neglected irfan from such a long time. Don't you think India is wasting such a talent? Atleast he should be given one more chance.

Few words from heart

Responses

#240117    Author: Vineet Mehta      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 590     Date: 02/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

Hi sir,
I dont want that Irfan Pathan is given chance because he has played well for India in past. I would rather love to see him preform in domestic cricket and 'earn' his place in the side rather then just 'getting' it because he has played well in past.

I have not seen him preforming well from quiet a long time in domestic as well as in IPL. So as far as today is concerned he do not deserve to be in team india.

God bless all.

Vineet

"God Bless All"
Vineet Mehta

#240118    Author: Sunna      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 235     Date: 02/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

Yes, Irfan Pathan is the very good all rounder. Past one-two years he is not performing as per his capabilities. Indian selector has to give some chance to Irfan Pathan so that he show his talent again. He can contribute with bat and bowl. Indian selector has not over looked the Irfan Pthan. He played some good cricket for India in the past. Now more than half Indian cricket team is injured. So selected has to given a chance to Irfan Pathan also.

Regards,
Harjit Singh

#240124    Author: Ganesh C Kumar      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 2357     Date: 02/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

Dear Aman,

Irfan Pathan is a good all-rounder. No one can forget the hat trick he got against Pakistan. He was also a part of the T20 world cup team playing crucial roles by taking important wicket at the right time thereby giving blows to the opposite team.

The Pathan brothers' blitz once helped us to win a T20 against Sri Lanka.

Now, with many senior players out, Irfan must be given a chance to prove himself. If he did come back, then he would make a great all rounder for our team.

So my view is that, Irfan must be included in the squad.

#240136    Author: ABHISHEK GARG      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 1287     Date: 02/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Hello Friends,
I Think BCCI selectors should give one more chance to Irfan Pathan after all he is a Good player may be in terms of bowler of a Batsman.He have the potential to play for the country.

#240158    Author: K Mohan      Member Level: Platinum      Member Rank: 4     Date: 02/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

It is the known fact that famous cricketer Irfan Pathan is the very good all rounder. And it is also the very known fact that he is not performing as per his capabilities and abilities. BCCI should give him one more chance. When BCCI can tolerate non performing players, Irfan can be given one more chance.

Feel pride for raising 5228+ Forum Messages and responding 33792+ Forum Ans.

#240172    Author: Aman Thakur      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 369     Date: 02/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

Thanks all members for their responses. From the above discussion I can sense that most öf the members are in the favour of giving a chance to the Irfan Pathan

Few words from heart

#241705    Author: Vicky      Member Level: Diamond      Member Rank: 122     Date: 05/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

I think Irfan should get one more chance. He is a grate all rounder. He performed in past well. It is the time to support him and don't spoil a grate player. If they are talking about his performance then I say he is no less than others. We saw the performance of the team in England. Are they in good form? If BCCI say they are in good form so they are selected then I feel Irfan can perform very well as compare to them.

Thanks and regards,
Vicky

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.

Next : I saw Tendulkar’s legs shivering while facing Shoaib Akhtar: Afridi
Previous : Now Kapil Dev with some uneasiness to Sachin
Return to Discussion Forum
Post New Message
Category: Cricket

Related Messages

Awards & Gifts
Active Members
TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.