Forums » General » Miscellaneous »

Should celebrities be more careful in choosing the brands for advertising?

Posted Date: 05 Oct 2011      Posted By:: Aman Thakur Profile photo    Member Level: Gold    Member Rank: 372     Points: 5   Responses: 5

Here I would like to gather some healthy views on the point that whether big celebrities like Sharukh, Dhoni, Harbhajan, Akshay etc. should carefully sign the contract with various brands as they are role models for youth or they have full right to choose whatever brand they want to advertise?

All of us have seen many celebrities are advertising for the liqour companies like Gautam, Harbhajan and Saif Ali Khan for royal stag, Dhoni for Royal Stag and Akshay kumar and Ajay Devgan for Bagpiper. What i feel is that they are role models for the younger generation and whatever they advertise it makes a big impact on the mind of youth so they should not advertise for such brands which can adversely affects the youth.

Few words from heart

Responses

#241641    Author: Vineet Mehta      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 596     Date: 05/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

Hi sir
I dont think being specefic will make any difference. I dont think that young boys learn these things from there. These things are mostly learned from friends or are started as a urge to know what will happen as they see people around them enjoying smoking and drinking.
I do agree that it might have little effect but that plays minor role as far as my view point is concerned

"God Bless All"
Vineet Mehta

#241646    Author: Aman Thakur      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 372     Date: 05/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

Thanks for your reply Vineet.
I do respect your views but what I was asking that what will be the impact of a 13/14 year old boy's mind of these advertisements?

Few words from heart

#241653    Author: K Mohan      Member Level: Platinum      Member Rank: 4     Date: 05/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

I think the main motive of celebrities is to make hay while the sun shines brightly. So they are not concerned about their stand in the society or their social obligations. Just for money some actors stoop to the level of giving pose to the liquor ads. And then they join the rally of Anna Hazare and take oath that they follow Gandhian principles.

Hence forth the fans of these actors must reject their films if they resort to such ads in future. Actors cannot play with the sentiments of the people and they must respect the public opinion.

If you achieve success, it must be sustained and retained.

#241657    Author: Aman Thakur      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 372     Date: 05/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

K Mohan,
Thanks for giving such a valuable response.
I also do feel the same that actors and cricketers should be more responsible towards rteir fans.

Few words from heart

#241658    Author: Sudhan      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 271     Date: 05/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

Hello Friends,
I would say that the celebrities are earning millions only through advertisements and when the companies offer a huge sum of money for the advertisements that takes only some days to suit, Hence I think anyone will not regret the offer provided by the companies which helps them to earn ,ore money in less period of time. Though the Reputation of the celebrities get destroyed here, They don't care about it as their main motive is to earn money through any way and get more publicity.

With Regards,
Sudhan A

"The greatest achievement comes from the biggest challenges"

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.

Next : Did your Online appearance gave you freedom from what you actually are?
Previous : Is it Right to Avoid Negative aspects in the Forum section.
Return to Discussion Forum
Post New Message
Category: Miscellaneous

Related Messages

Awards & Gifts
Active Members
TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.