Forums » Education » Improve Your English »

This Poll is not active any more.

Opinion Poll: What is the definition of Teaching?

Poll Results

50%  A form for inter personal influence on students.
20%  A form of content teaching.
0%  A form of Lecture method.
30%  A form of learning method.
0%  A form of inter personal influence on teachers.

Total Votes: 10

What is the definition of Teaching?

Posted Date: 26 Oct 2011      Posted By:: Rajani (Raji) Profile photo    Member Level: Gold    Member Rank: 724     Points: 5 (Rs 5)   Responses: 18

Teaching is a social process, to define it is very difficult, because the teaching influenced by the political and social backgrounds of the country. Hence, just try for it , after reading all the definitions. There are so many educationists, complimented their definitions about teaching, Here are some, to keep in mind.
According to Gage, "Teaching is a form of interpersonal influence aimed at changing the behavior potential of another person."
Edmund Amidon defined it as-" Teaching is an interactive process, primarily involving class room talk which takes place between teacher and pupil and occurs during certain definable activity."
Brubacher," Teaching is an arrangement and manipulation of a situation in which an individual will seek to overcome and from which he will learn in the course of doing so."
Skinner- Teaching is the arrangement of contingencies of reinforcement."
Ryans- "Teaching is concerned with the activities which are concerned with the guidance or direction of the learning of others."
From these I want to make one definition, as my view.
Me," Teaching is a process that improve the student's seeking level more easily and it might be overcome any situation as an easy way."
Make definition our own after reading it.

Responses

#249109    Author: Phagu Mahato      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 95     Date: 26/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Teaching is a systemic enquiry about the ultimate realities in the universe. It is a study of general principles and understanding of all that comes in the range of human experiences
There are two type of teaching
1.Formal-Which is systemic deliberate direct and consciously impart by specially
2.Informal-it is teaching one get the outside of class room

Phagu
Success occurs when opportunity and preparation meet.

#249112    Author: K Mohan      Member Level: Platinum      Member Rank: 3     Date: 26/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

A teacher is great and their teaching profession greatest of all as it is very noble to impart education to others. By teaching it means to me the following.

T- Transfering the knowledge
E- Enlighting with the present living conditions
A- Alligning with portion and real life
C- Character building
H- Healing touch offer
I - Involvement with the student in studies
N- Nurturing the thoughts into reality
G- Giving a final shape

Forum contributions also pay backs you. Be regular here.

#249134    Author: Nupur Khalkho      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 289     Date: 26/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

A teacher has many responsiblities for a student. A child spends a lot of time in school so he has to stay with the teachers. The teachers influence his growth and development also along with the knowledge which they impart. In schools the teachers are regularly given orientation classes, this is just to make them more skilled to deal with the children. In colleges teachers make the students aware of the reality and the situation prevailing in the country. The teachers role is to help the students get a perfect personality to face the world.

#249154    Author: Ramachandran Pattabiraman      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 265     Date: 26/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Teaching is nothing but brushing the knowledge and wisdom already possessed in many students. A teacher is guru who is remover of darkness in one,as sanskrit maning of gu is remover,ru is darkness.

#249525    Author: BERI      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 3006     Date: 28/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

I suggest that it is the interaction of the following five key factors that provide a foundation for a good teaching:

1. Teacher knowledge, enthusiasm and responsibility for learning.
2. Classroom activities that encourage learning.
3. Assessment activities that encourage learning through experience.
4. Effective feedback that establishes the learning processes in the classroom.
5. Effective interaction between the teacher and the students, creating an environment that respects, encourages and stimulates learning through experience.

#250220    Author: vishal singh      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 5406     Date: 30/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

teaching is that power which makes a savage people a human being....

#250228    Author: Vandana        Member Level: Platinum      Member Rank: 7     Date: 30/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Rajani,
We would love to see more such interesting topics for discussion from you in the Forum. Good work!

I suggest you start posting self-written articles too in our Resource section & participate in the various contests announced in the Forum.

Regards,
Vandana
Managing Editor
ISC Mentor

#250257    Author: Nadeem Naqvi        Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 90     Date: 30/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

A person who exercises his/her ears in capacity to his/her mouth.

Regards,
Nadeem Naqvi

World without God is Zero without One!

#250268    Author: Bru      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 94     Date: 30/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Teaching involves showing, telling and demonstrating an information, knowledge or skill which is unknown to the observer, hearer or follower. In a broad sense, teaching implies everything that needs to be learnt from a mentor.

"Give the world the best you have, and the best will come back to you"

#250595    Author: Embedded Course training pune      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 0     Date: 31/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 0

very good english

#252672    Author: Binila      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 3962     Date: 05/Nov/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

According to my opinion, teaching is the sharing of knowledge among students and teacher or lecture.

A good teaching means, there will be a practice of encouraging contact between students and faculty, encouraging active learning, giving prompt feedback and respecting diverse talent and ways of learning.
Teaching is a process were students are treated as consumers of knowledge. It does not always have a fixed agenda and being rigid, but being flexible, fluid, experimenting, and having the confidence to react and adjust to changing circumstances

#252727    Author: Rajani (Raji)      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 724     Date: 05/Nov/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

Thanks To Ms.Vandana for to support the work and I will try to post more articles as my level.
I am also thankful to the ISC members, especially to Mahato, Mohan, Noopur, Ramachandran, Berry, Vishal, Nadeem and Bru. All are made such efforts, to enlarging the definition.
Binila, You defined teaching is also very good and easy to catch your meanings.
Thanks to all.

#253107    Author: Sukhdev Singh        Member Level: Diamond      Member Rank: 14     Date: 06/Nov/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 5

Teaching can be defined as interaction between the teacher and the taught as far as it is related to imparting of the knowledge to the students, to cover almost every aspect of education which the students are expected to learn from a teacher and which the teacher will teach them using all the teaching techniques and aids available to teach. This includes motivation, encouragement and character building of the students. A good teacher must understand each and every trait of each of his students to deal them accordingly. In a nut shell we can say that teaching is to train the students in a way that they can be useful citizens of a nation. People may try to define teaching in their own way but whatever the definition is given it must include the training in various subjects of study as well as the building of the personality of the students.

"Teaching is my passion and sharing knowledge is my motto"
Regards,
Sukhdev Singh
Lead Editor Forums Section

#254470    Author: devika.s      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 2009     Date: 09/Nov/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

A good topic, teaching means sharing some knowledge which we know to others in any platform, a very best profession for all.
teaching makes both the listener and teacher to know more knowledge , which has no end. As no one is perfect in this world, all are learners in one or the other in their life.

No one is rich enough to buy their past.

#254875    Author: Sweety      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 5743     Date: 10/Nov/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

For good teaching the curriculum and the lesson plans have to be interesting, so that keeps the eagerness of the student to study.

There are schools like Bombay Scottish that has introduced Xseed program that follows practical, proven, complete school solution, which is focused on quality education and better learning performance, improves fluency in English and also aid in superior outcomes.

XSEED

#255002    Author: Kalyani        Member Level: Diamond      Member Rank: 36     Date: 10/Nov/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

In my opinion, teaching is not confined to teachers and students only. Teaching is a process which is continuous. The process of teaching is a kind of transfer or sharing of knowledge from one person to the other. The person who transfer his / her knowledge is known as the teacher and the one who receives it is known as the taught. It even involves the nature and man. In this context a teacher is not the one who holds a teacher's training degree and goes to either a school or a college for teaching the students. Teaching is not confined to the educational institutions only. Every knowledgeable person is capable of transferring his / her knowledge to every other person. Hence teaching is a continuous process of knowledge transfer.

-----------------
Thanks & Regards
Kalyani

#255032    Author: Rajani (Raji)      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 724     Date: 10/Nov/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

Yes. sure. Thanks to inform me about the matter. It is the process of all living creatures. I think, it is the appropriate response for the article below.
What is the definition of "teaching".

#255080    Author: Ramachandran Pattabiraman      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 265     Date: 10/Nov/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Teaching is absolutely a noble profession as told by Dr.Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan, it mainly involves in the future of a student.

As the Sanskrit name 'Guru' contains 'GU' means 'remover' and 'Ru' means 'darkness', the Guru,another name of teacher, is a person who removes the darkness in us.

A teacher should be out of bias or differentiation.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.

Next : My habitual actions (response please if any mistake)
Previous : Habitual actions using do & does (just i am trying to improve my language reply must)
Return to Discussion Forum
Post New Message
Category: Improve Your English

Related Messages

Awards & Gifts
Active Members
TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.