Forums » About IndiaStudyChannel » Group Discussions »

This Poll is not active any more.

Opinion Poll: The Current Indian Education System; Good or Bad?

Poll Results

0%  Good
20%  Not Bad
60%  May be Good
20%  Bad

Total Votes: 5

Indian Education, Its Merits and Demerits

Posted Date: 26 Oct 2011      Posted By:: Naresh Kumar Behera Profile photo    Member Level: Gold    Member Rank: 137     Points: 5   Responses: 8

We very well know that 'The Ancient Indian Education System' was popular in the world, due to the teaching methods, traditionalism, professionalism, teacher-student relationship and many more reasons. However, gradually it's style or pattern is diversifying towards modern or foreign education patterns. Most of the schools and colleges are teaching as per the foreign trade and trend. India is such as BIG country, where number of foreign companies are participating and looking to participate with many business ventures; but why the style of education system was changed as like them's. System can adopt the new technology, new trend, new thoughts/ideas, experiments/discoveries etc. instead of changing the total style and move of teaching. Most of the English medium schools are creating different kinds of rules for students; such as girls must wear short skirts etc. Is it necessary for them to wear such type of uniforms? What except those, they couldn't read or teachers will not feel comfort to teach them? Please share your views and thoughts on the diversification of Indian Education System.

"Ask your query with valid information"
Lead Editor - OrissaSpider.com

Responses

#249098    Author: Sukhdev Singh        Member Level: Diamond      Member Rank: 14     Date: 26/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 5

When we are talking of system of education, I thought you are into a very serious discussion on the educational system comparing it with the traditional methods with the modern methods involving technology and comparing the Indian system of education with the western trends. But going towards the end of your thread I found that you want to discuss the uniforms prescribed in particular schools which have nothing to do with the teaching methods or so. This is true that the different schools prescribe different uniforms and I don't agree with you that the short skirts are prescribed for every English medium school. I don't think that any government, central or state (education is a state subject) has laid down any rules for the prescription of uniforms in the school. In such a case, the parents' association of the particular school can take up the matter with the school management and discuss the issue. No management these days can ignore the wishes of the parents. Alternatively, it is for the government to lay down certain rules for the prescription of uniforms by the schools. I suggest that the uniform for schools should be the same throughout depending on the climate of a region.

"Teaching is my passion and sharing knowledge is my motto"
Regards,
Sukhdev Singh
Lead Editor Forums Section

#249099    Author: K Mohan      Member Level: Platinum      Member Rank: 3     Date: 26/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

Your heading suggests great discussion but at the end you ended asking about the uniform format. What should be discussed now ? But i take your heading as the criteria and here is my reactions.

Indian education is the best and designed to to suit to the wave length of understanding by the students here. We are thoroughly taught the intricacies or past and modern and present day culture and tradition in every subject. Though it is the subjective knowledge, it is a must learn for every child who must be proud to be a Indian.

But the main demerits of this education system is the lack of practical knowledge. If a qualified B Com student was asked to do a accountant job all of a sudden, he will be just wondering and pondering. That means he needs practical knowledge of training.

Forum contributions also pay backs you. Be regular here.

#249161    Author: pranai      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 1936     Date: 27/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Yes I agree with Mr. Mohan. Education system is good but they don't providing practicality. If practicality point of view every education institute need high amount of funds. And also Govt need to interactive with students.
Uniform point of view, according to my knowledge it is conflict between tradition and modern.

#249172    Author: Amit Kumar Saini      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 1620     Date: 27/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Yes i agree with Mr.K. Mohan and Sukdev sir. Education system is better but most of student to face the problem practically program. In India practically system is very less. Many students depends on book studies only.

#249250    Author: Deepak Yadav      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 145     Date: 27/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

Our current education system is not so bad but also not really good. In our education system practical knowledge is less. Our students only learn theortical knowledge not going in deep with subject. Students are reading what they saw in books not by other means of reading. Also in our education system a student rate on the basis of his marks of that subject but not according to his capabilities. Students are force to read those subject which they have not like. A little bit change in current education system will helps our students very much.

#249285    Author: Swastika      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 271     Date: 27/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

We know that lot many Indians are working in NASA and in so many big intelligence jobs but still i say Indian educational system is too fare to create Good educated.
The main bad thing in Indian educational system Is the grade system.I am not saying that the whole grading system should change but it needs little modification and we should include more and more practical based course and students should do more and more practical based things instead of just reading books at home and school or college.

We all are aware more practical means more out put which is most necessary

Get Expert advice about Stock Market

#249305    Author: Ajai B Maliackal      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 125     Date: 27/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

The Indian education has to be changed from the current situation.Now the quality of Education is lacking in every field.We must produce doctors or Engineers but we must develop them into workable environment to attain success in their life.When we compare our education with foreign universities we are lacking behind them because of the quality of teaching.
"Earning knowledge is by sharing it with others and we will rectify our mistakes."

"Earning knowledge is by sharing it with ISC and we will rectify our mistakes."

#249461    Author: Phagu Mahato      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 96     Date: 27/Oct/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Education means process of leaning.
It may be formal and informal education.
Indian education is full with merit and demerit
The merit of Indian education, they teaches us about
Our culture and constitutions
Whereas demerit, The Indian education mostly does not
Job oriented

Phagu
Success occurs when opportunity and preparation meet.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.

Next : Lumia 800 smartphone unveiled by Nokia on October 26
Previous : Need Information about repo rate. How it is effects to the banks and economy?
Return to Discussion Forum
Post New Message
Category: Group Discussions

Related Messages

Awards & Gifts
Active Members
TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.