Forums » Entertainment » Actors »

Why this Kolavari-song by Dhanush

Posted Date: 02 Dec 2011      Posted By:: Sujata Verma     Member Level: Silver    Member Rank: 1128     Points: 2   Responses: 12

Tamil actor Dhanush seems to be making headlines with his Kolavari song. Already he was a hit, but his popularity has grown with his Kolavari song. A good actor, hope he progresses more.

Responses

#263509    Author: Ramachandran Pattabiraman      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 246     Date: 02/Dec/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Cinema is a field for enjoying not for imitating. So, the song also good one for enjoying. If we are seeing the meaning etc., there is no meaningful cine songs after 1980.

#264018    Author: gauravsharma      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 2693     Date: 03/Dec/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

now im taking interest in south indian culture, kolavari D and dhanush rocks

#264414    Author: rajdeep pandey      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 2186     Date: 05/Dec/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 0

i think it's a awesome song.

#265134    Author: Sujata Verma      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 1128     Date: 06/Dec/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

How many North Indians out there who like this song? I am curious to know.

#265171    Author: shubham      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 0     Date: 06/Dec/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

This song has a real good music. Though some may have a hard time understanding the lyrics of the song (even when they are added as subtitles), but one can't get over it just listening to it once.

#265184    Author: Ramprasad      Member Level: Diamond      Member Rank: 26     Date: 06/Dec/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

@Sujata Verma, Music is universal language and there is no regional difference to good music and songs. Music lovers from different parts of the country mainly from North and South will enjoy songs from different languages even though they won't understood the lyrics. This Kolavari D song has most of the lyrics in English language and the song's tune is catchy so majority of the youth across the country are humming this song.

There are some things that money just cannot buy, like manners, morals and intelligence.

#265187    Author: Gagan Thakur      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 702     Date: 06/Dec/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Hello,
I'm a north Indian and i rarely listen to the Tamil songs but Kolaveri di really shined up in all regions of India and in the entire world i would say. We got a tamil song first time on the MTV. The song is really rocking and gives the entertaining feel. I hope that such releases will be cotinued by the South Indian mucic productions as its really lovely.

#265189    Author: Sudhan      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 269     Date: 06/Dec/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

I would also say that the song has reached the people well though it has go no meaning and lyrics but the thing is a totally new set of words and a different try that made people to love the song and listen again and again. I think Dhanush has become more popular in singing now after the song was a huge success.

With Regards,
Sudhan A

"The greatest achievement comes from the biggest challenges"

#266063    Author: Sujata Verma      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 1128     Date: 08/Dec/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

Yes you guys are right, Dhanush was not that well known in North India before this song. Now with the advent of this song even North Indians are waiting for the release of the movie "three" of which the Kolavari song is a soundtrack.

#266637    Author: Akshat      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 1353     Date: 10/Dec/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

This song is a great song without any doubts.

It has become a big hit for the Internet and Social Net-workers.

It is made for the upcoming movie --> "3" :D

Regards,
Akshat

Regards,
Akshat

#267724    Author: shweta      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 3068     Date: 13/Dec/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

Why this Kolaveri Kolaveri Kolaveri Di .. Ahh...just not leaving the lips and the mind........
Kolaveri, a highly popular slang among Tamil youth, normally used to silence a cranky person in a group.
Kolaveri, which means murderous rage, is now popular even in other parts of the country, thanks to the peppy song Why This Kolaveri Di?
The song's simplistic and rustic beats make it more catchy to the commoner.
The words of the song are a mixture of Tamil and English.
Within a week of the official release of the video, it received more than 1.3 million views on YouTube, more than 1 million shares on Facebook. The song had achieved more than 20 million hits on YouTube.
The popularity of the song was also reported by international media.

#273663    Author: Mohammed Ali      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 511     Date: 31/Dec/2011   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

Why this kolaver di a very popular song from the movie "3" which is a massive hit all over the world. Nearly there are 30,031,106 youtube users who have listen to this song. The popularity of this song goes to lyrics writer and singer of this song Mr. Dhanush and he is a very popular actor too. His voice has a beautiful grace and it has even a very good track of music by anirudh a very young and dynamic sound engineer who is also a part of this huge success. All the credit goes to Dhanush and the producer of the movie R.K.PRODUCTIONS(Soundarya rajnikanth) who is also the owner of Ocher studio. She was the first women to direct the first 3D movie with Rajnikanth Sultan the warrior. Dhanush will still be rocking in his future songs and movies.

Regards,
Mohammed Ali
ISC Member

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.

Return to Discussion Forum
Start new thread

Awards & Gifts
Active Members
TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.