In practice, group study comes into picture, when a set of student are getting together for preparation for a regular exam or a competitive exam. Most of the time, students run out of time in covering all the syllabus that is prescribed for the exams. Due to lack of time, they lose better ranks in the exams. Only highly organized and matured people can prepare a time table for theri preparation and follow it without failure till the exams. But majority need their friend's help. Group study means, each member in a group study the same topic and eplaining each otehr in a better way, which makes them to remember that topic for a longer time. Few groups decide to study different topics, and then each member will demonstrates the topic studied by them to the rest of the team, thus they cover many topics in a less time. Group study is the best kind of study when you look at the advantages of it.
Group study beceome advatageous when all the students have the strong determination for learning rather than distractions.
1. One can keep track of time and prcentage of syllbus covered.
2. One can test how far he understood the concepts in each subject and can clear doubts in easy manner
3. Typically Group size should not be more than 5-6 students
4. If a student misses a class due to any reason, he can get the same from the students of his group.
5. One can improve the listening skills, debating ability in a group, teaching ability.
6. One can better understand the critical concepts with group study
7. One can learn the things faster than self study.
8. One gets a chance to look at the same topic in different perspectives, that helps in better understanding, while self study doesn'e guarantee this all the time.
9. College days, students have a habit of preparing their own study notes, in group study you can observe number of study materials in place.
Group study beceome disadvatageous when atleast one of the students is not serious on learning.
1. Study groups have higher probailiy of turning into gossip sessions.
2. Time will go like anything, when you start distracting. One can't revert it back.
3. If Students didn't stick to time, it actually makes no use for others.
4. Any one in group can start giving their opinions, No body can start others.
5. When one student gets down for a day or on time, rest of the students should wait for him or to change their schedules accordingly on demand. It doesn't happen in case of self study.
By the way, Its the exam season, Most of the exams start in the month of March, You have 2 months in time. Students can consider forming in groups and experience it, Another important warning is that, If you don't find expected results or benefitted from the group study considering the time, quit the group immedaitely and go with self study. In this case, You can exercise the group formation after the completion of the exams, to understand all about the Group study and benefit from it. Because there are times in higher / professional studies, You are supposed to / must to work in groups. This habits at school or college will help a lot for your in your career.