Self learning and self study are both different, even though they seems to be same.
For Self learning,
1. One need to tune for himself / herself to learn that subject
2. Be prepared for the upcoming doubts in the learning process
3. No specific time limits for self learning.
4. Understand the concepts by comparing with others, match with known concepts. Read the same again and again in differnt angles.
5. Develop interest over the subject
6. Join online community like ISC for experts guidance from time to time.
Self study means, School or college students, by this time, the syllabus has completed by their teachers. Now its students responsibility to revise all the syllabus and getting clear of the grey areas with the help of the teachers. For this, Students
1. have to prepate a time table as they have limited time for study.
2. Since it is winter season, better not to include any study hours in the morning hours, as it is not possible to wake up in the morning hours practically.
3. Had enough sleep daily. 6 - 8 hours of sound sleep keeps anyone active for next 16 - 20 hours.
4. Since there will be power cuts in the new year, plan to cover your study hours more in the day time.
5. Don't try to read the single subject all over the day. It gets you bored and it impact the next day schedule.
6. Keep getting latest updates on cricket and movies. Indian team play well and Movies will release even in your absence, don't worry.
7. Always take the help of your teachers and get all your doubts in the first revision.
8. Second reision should take comparitively lesser time than first revision, Because you have read the same concepts just few days back.
9. Practice writing atleast 1 to 2 pages everyday, because it helps to finish the exam in prescribed 3 hours time. Else you will be running out of time and thus make mistakes.
10. In your first revision, prepare a quick revision notes with all the side headings and key points, to make your final revisions on the day before your actual exam smooth.
11. Election campaigns will go on till Feb 2012, So plan your study properly.
Follow the above tips, and score best marks in the exams. All the Best.