Forums » ISC Announcements » Reward Programs »
Resource design contest: design a board game
Posted Date: 13 May 2012 Posted By:: Vandana Member Level: Platinum Member Rank: 8 Points: 5
Since we got positive feedback from members, we are announcing the first design contest. You have to come up with an innovative board game. It could be a game for kids, for teenagers, for the entire family, etc. It could be an educational game or just a general fun game. Since it is the summer vacation, you can take ideas from your kids & other family members too. This would give you a great opportunity for family bonding!
How to participate:
1. All entries must be submitted only in the resource section.
(a) If you are designing an educational board game, put in this category: Resources » Designer Ideas » Education.
(b) If you are designing a general fun game then put it in this category: Resources » Designer Ideas » Miscellaneous
2. After you have submitted it, you must post the URL of your resource as a response in this thread.
3. Please explain your game clearly: how to start, how many players, features, etc. Give a brief introductory paragraph explaining how you came up with this idea and how it will be beneficial.
4. Please do not design any inappropriate, indecent games. You are free to attach images/photos or even upload it on YouTube and embed the video in your article. You can even create a PowerPoint presentation and attach images of each slide to explain the game. However, do put text too in the resource and not just upload images.
5. Members can submit multiple entries, but this does not mean that the one who submits more entries will be the winner. Each design will be judged individually. Editors are also welcome to participate.
6. You are free to make changes to your design at any time before closing date. However, if you do make any change please leave a note for the editor in the box provided at the end of your resource so that editors are aware of it.
Here's a tip: take any board game you have at home. Cover it with a sheet of paper (you can temporarily tape it to the board) and work your design idea on it. Once you have got everything right, take photos of the board, the dice or cards(if there are any), etc. You can then explain step-by-step how it is played. You don't need any complicated software to add arrows and circles to explain parts of the board - you can use the 'Paint' program (it is under Accessories program) on your computer or the picture tool in Powerpoint.
Last date for submission: May 31st, 2012
In addition to the usual cash credits for a resource post, there will be good cash awards which will be slightly higher than for resource writing contests. Besides 1 winner, there will be at least 2 runners-up cash awards. If there are more than 10 entries, we will have more runners-up prizes.
If you have any queries, please post them in this thread. Do not give needless responses.
Go on...let your imagination run riot!
|#316544 Author: Dr. Savita Goswami Member Level: Silver Member Rank: 1902 Date: 13/May/2012 Rating: Points: 2|
How can we submit an educational game if it's length is short. Because minimum word limit for a resource is 600 words. But a short described game could also be helpful to educate the children and easy to understand. Is there any other option available to submit a game in forum section ?
|#316548 Author: Ajai B Maliackal Member Level: Gold Member Rank: 141 Date: 13/May/2012 Rating: Points: 1|
Is it necessary to stick with a Board game?. Can we put puzzles as a game.
"Earning knowledge is by sharing it with ISC and we will rectify our mistakes."
|#320301 Author: sachin kumar Member Level: Gold Member Rank: 791 Date: 30/May/2012 Rating: Points: 2|
Hello Vandana Ma'am,
Here is my entry for this contest, hope it will good.
1. Indoor Cricket - Board Game
Thanks for this opportunity and approval of article.
Thanks and Regards.
Do well, Get well, Be well.
|#320486 Author: Piyoosh Goswami Member Level: Gold Member Rank: 771 Date: 31/May/2012 Rating: Points: 2|
Here is my entry for the contest.
Interesting board game char-bhar. Hope all the interested member read my entry and enjoy to play the game.
"If you are busy, it means you are happy"
|#320561 Author: Nadeem Naqvi Member Level: Diamond Member Rank: 85 Date: 31/May/2012 Rating: Points: 3|
Here is my entry for the board game which you have asked for and this contest is all about.
Board game: Maths to Win is a game of calculations which can help the budding kids to learn calculation and counting at ease.
I am sure that my entry will be winning the prize in this contest, to which I was a person who approved when the suggestions were asked for.
World without God is Zero without One!
| ||This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.|
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...