Forums » About IndiaStudyChannel » Creative Writing »

Farewell speech on colleague’s retirement

Posted Date: 02 Jun 2012      Posted By:: Venkiteswaran. Profile photo    Member Level: Diamond    Member Rank: 18     Points: 5   Responses: 5

My dear colleagues,

We are today here, to bid farewell to our dear colleague Mr Goodman, who is retiring from the services of this organisation on attuning Superannuation. Parting is always emotional, and much more, when it is a beloved person who was a part in our daily life over a few decades.. We will be missing that ever- smiling- face greeting us every morning. We will be feeling that void from tomorrow onwards.

The official wording says that he is being "relieved" today. That is true. After many years of strenuous commute and, now he is getting relief from those strains. We say he is retiring; I am of the opinion that the right word should be RE-TYRING and not RETIRING.. Mr Goodman is now going to repair all the wear and tear of his thirty two years' hard work, and roaring to go for a refreshed life. I had a chat with him yesterday on this. He said that he is not going to take up any gainful occupation, but wants to involve in different voluntary charity services A man so meticulous, we know, he has made a concrete plan for his post-retirement life.

It may be said in a funny way that "a retiring man is a full-time job for his wife" and "when a man retires his wife gets a full time husband with half his income". The graceful lady she is, Mrs. Goodman, will not mind all these quotations and she will welcome her husband to be at home. We had a few occasions to experience the kind hospitality she extended to us.

Mr Goodman is an example to all the junior staff, in showing how to rise to higher positions in career by sheer dedication and handwork. He is a benevolent boss to his subordinates and a much sought after man to his superiors.
Though we will be missing his physical presence in the office from tomorrow, he will still be beaming inspiration to all the staff from the "Roll of Honour" list exhibited in the entrance hall.
But though we will personally feel his absence, the organisation will not feel it in the daily routine. This is because he has trained his juniors so well to take the reign in his absence. A good boss is one who always keeps a well trained second line. He always holds the hand of his juniors and lifts them up. Hence, there will be smooth transition. For the last couple of months, Mr. Goodman has not availed any leave, and not enjoyed his Sundays also. On Sundays and holidays he was training his juniors and making everything up-to-date, so that no one will have any difficulty to carry on with the office work after his retirement. I am happy that Mr. Goodman can now have three hundred and sixty five Sundays in a year.

The shining eyes and concurring nods coming from my colleagues show that they are eager to share their pleasant experience with Mr Goodman. Hence, I conclude my speech here. I wish Mr Goodman a very Healthy, Wealthy and Happy post retirement life.
Thank you all.

----------

(This is an entry for creative writing contest in Indiastudychannel.

Write a speech, win a prize!

==================================
Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

Responses

#321068    Author: Iti Tyagi      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 254     Date: 02/Jun/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

Dear Sir
Nice effort, and I am sure this is going to motivate so many new members this time.

Regards
Iti Tyagi
"Soar to Success"

#321291    Author: Chitra Rana      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 290     Date: 04/Jun/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Very nice, emotional speech. This would be a dream speech for anyone's retirement. Almost same kind of speech was delivered by an Officer when my father got his retirement from L.I.U after completing 32 years of his service to Indian Police Department.
This brought me back to that moment. The whole scenario was really emotional and was the moment of pride.

Regards:
Chitra Rana

#321313    Author: Trinadha Rao Sambangi      Member Level: Diamond      Member Rank: 56     Date: 04/Jun/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Dear Friend,
It is very nice to say on the day of retirement of Mr. Goodman. This is the time to memorize good and positive things done by Mr.Goodman. such a good job done by you through your speech be appreciated.

"Education is the movement from darkness to light"

Regards,
3Nadh.

#323162    Author: Nadeem Naqvi      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 94     Date: 12/Jun/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

Mr.Venkiteswaran,
As usual your words are always knitted in the perfect way which is learning for the others and undoubtedly praises come out.
You have nicely consolidated the life of a retiring person from the day one to the day last in your short speech. Your speech is a compilation of the famous quotes, which is just timely remembering and shows the wit to quote at the right time.
You are an avid writer who has the capability to pen nice pieces of creative writing at large.

Regards,
Nadeem Naqvi

World without God is Zero without One!

#323201    Author: Venkiteswaran.      Member Level: Diamond      Member Rank: 18     Date: 13/Jun/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

Dear Iti,Chitra,Trinadha and Nadeem, I am thankful for the kind and appreciating words from you.
Thank you and wish you all to be the best in your own fields.

==================================
Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.

Return to Discussion Forum
Start new thread

Awards & Gifts
Active Members
TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

Online Members

dja
More...
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.