Forums » About IndiaStudyChannel » Creative Writing »

Speech on World Environment Day

Posted Date: 14 Jun 2012      Posted By:: sudarshana Profile photo    Member Level: Gold    Member Rank: 635     Points: 5   Responses: 5

Speech on World environment day in a society

At first, I wish a very warm good morning to all of you present in this meeting. I welcome everybody with much pleasure to participate here. Today we are gathering here to celebrate the World environment day. At first, I am going to say something about the World environment day.

World environment day is celebrated on 5th June every year. Its aim is to raise global awareness about our environment. Do you know when the World environment day has begun? In the year 1972, the United Nations Conference on the Human environment was held from 5th June to 16th June. After that, every year on 5th June, it has been hosted by different countries of the world with different theme.

This year's theme of World environment day is "Green economy". Likewise, in 2011, the theme was "Forest- nature at your service"; in 2010, it was "Many species, one planet-one future". In 2009, the theme was "your planet needs you-unite to combat climate change."

Everyone knows the importance of our nature. It consists of all the living beings in earth, which are mutually dependent on each other. But due to the pollution caused by human beings, many species are becoming extinct and the global climate is also changing at a very fast rate. It's influencing our health and also going to give a long term effect on our future. We know that millions of people in the earth depend on forest for their livelihood. Every living being is dependent on trees. Only the tree can make their food itself. But, we people are degrading the forest very much.

In 2011, our country is the global host of world environment day. As I have said that this year's theme is "green economy", does anyone know what is this 'green economy?" It is an economic development program where the environmental risks are going to be reduced. Now, economy is also considered as a component of the eco system. The businessmen understand that the future of business depends on the green world. The profits and goodwill be reaped by them in the long run.

I will not make it a lengthy speech. I want to say one thing on this great day that try to plant trees as much as you can, because we depend on tree fully. Try to plant at least one tree in any special occasion like on your birthday, anniversary etc.

At last, I want to thank all of you once again to honor me as a guest in this prestigious meeting.
Thank you all.

Responses

#323345    Author: Kalyani        Member Level: Diamond      Member Rank: 39     Date: 14/Jun/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

A well developed speech Sudarshana which is in fact brings some awareness in the public on protecting our environment and the importance of trees. I appreciate your concern for our environment.

-----------------
Thanks & Regards
Kalyani

#323414    Author: sudarshana      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 635     Date: 14/Jun/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

Thnaks Kalyani madam for your good response.
Regards
Sudarshana

#323473    Author: Tulika Devi Nath      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 367     Date: 14/Jun/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Hi, Sudarshana

Your speech on World environment day is really a commendable speech. It conveys a good message. It will able to bring some awareness in the society.

Thanks and Regards
Tulika Devi Nath

Regards,
Tulika Devi Nath

#323480    Author: S.Rajee      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 471     Date: 14/Jun/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

A very well written speech by you about environment day. This speech will awaken the people and make them to plant a tree. I too forgot the day. Now I am planning to plant a tree. Better late than never. Thanks for reminding us a day 5th June forgone, through your speech on 14th June.

#323482    Author: Subin Kuruvilla      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 711     Date: 14/Jun/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Good speech Sudarshana. You sure have mentioned some very relevant points that India needs to consider through its development phase not negelecting the protection of the environment.

No shortcuts to success
Subin

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.

Next : A good love letter to a girl seeking friendship
Previous : My great speech on Indian Independence day as a social worker
Return to Discussion Forum
Post New Message
Category: Creative Writing

Related Messages

Awards & Gifts
Active Members
TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.