Forums » General » Miscellaneous »

Confused

Gross Salary in Central Government

Posted Date: 06 Aug 2012      Posted By:: ravikumar     Member Level: Bronze    Member Rank: 0     Points: 4   Responses: 5

Hi Friends,

Recently,i got a letter from one of the central govt department in India to appear for the intreveiw.The salary mentioned is Rs( 9300-34800) + Grade Pay of Rs 4200 + central govt allowances.

I want to know how much money approximately i can get for a month including all the allowances.I don't know what are the central govt allowances.The job position may be in Bangalore or Kolkata.

Approximately How much money i can get in a month?

Responses

#339134    Author: Seema Mittal      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 573     Date: 06/Aug/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

Respected Ravi Kumar Ji.

Central Govt. Gives Salary and Allowances according to sixth pay commission.
Gross Salary=( Basic Salary+ Allowances)
Here some information are in the details:-
1.Basic + Pay Grade as per sixth pay rules.
2.DA :- 58% right now of basic Salary
3.HRA:-20% of the basic Salary , and according to category A and B grade cities,and C grade cities for 10%.
4. Medical allowance :- 100 rupees dedicate as group-insurance or 200 rupees dedicate as professional tax.

seema mittal

#339139    Author: Ramprasad      Member Level: Diamond      Member Rank: 26     Date: 06/Aug/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

Well central government job is the safest job in compare with all other Jobs. We can't exactly knows how much salary you get as it depends upon the grade of the job. But I can assure you it will be best among all. As your service grows and designation increases so as your salary will get increased with special allowances. So do not waste much time thinking about the salary go and face the interview and remember the central government job allows more security in compare with other sectors.

There are some things that money just cannot buy, like manners, morals and intelligence.

#339163    Author: Sun      Member Level: Platinum      Member Rank: 10     Date: 06/Aug/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Ravikumar,
You will be eligible for a total salary excluding central government allowances as follow:
Basic pay at the start 9300
58% DA of your basic salary 5396
Grade pay - 4200

Gross Salary 18896 + Central Govt allowance which is not known to me. It may differ with the departments.

Every year there will be an increment in your salary in steps. The basic pay Rs, 9300 would change year after year and with your promotion until you reach 34800. Your DA will also increase as announced time to time and calculated on your basic pay calculated after increment. The present scale might change with the Pay commission reports which is reviewed once in 10 years.

Regards,
Sun of ISC - Let us learn good English through ISC

#339171    Author: Sudhan      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 267     Date: 06/Aug/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

Hello friends,
I would say that with the package you posted you would get around 16000 per month and as the experience increases you would get some more to the salary you get I think the increment would be given after 6 months and when you get some higher grades you would earn more than that. Anyway you would earn more than 18000 in a year or two and with the posting at a different location, the salary would definitely raise.
I think it is really a good pay scale and you can receive even more as the time goes on and on and on.

With Regards,
Sudhan A

"The greatest achievement comes from the biggest challenges"

#339172    Author: K Mohan      Member Level: Platinum      Member Rank: 4     Date: 06/Aug/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

I think you have posted a valid thread here and basically I was also not aware of how the salary payments are made to Central govt staff and their narration. Let me learn through this post.

K Mohan
Ardent forum supporter
Platinum status from forum only

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.

Return to Discussion Forum
Start new thread

Awards & Gifts
Active Members
TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.