Forums » General » Miscellaneous »

Do you know your state symbol, state flower, state tree, state animal, state bird etc

Posted Date: 21 Aug 2012      Posted By:: Sun Profile photo    Member Level: Platinum    Member Rank: 10     Points: 5   Responses: 10

Members,
Do you know as India as a nation has its own National animal, National bird, National flower, National Anthem etc; every Indian state also has its own state symbol, animal,bird, flower,tree, game, dance, song etc;

As I am from Tamilnadu, I wish to say about Tamilnadu's concern.

State symbol: The temple tower of Srivilliputhur temple.
State Animal: Varaiyadu(Nilgiri Thar)
State flower: Shenkandhal Karthigai flower.
State Game: Kabaddi
State Bird: Marakatha Pura (Chalcophaps indica)
State tree: Palm tree
State Dance: Bharatha Natyam
State Song : Tamil Thai Vaazhthu.

Members,
Do you know about such information on your own state. Please post it here to update our information.

Regards,
Sun of ISC - Let us learn good English through ISC

Responses

#344537    Author: Farid Akhtar      Member Level: Diamond      Member Rank: 44     Date: 21/Aug/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

I am quite surprised with this thread as before this time I have never been heard of such things existence for the states. I need to research for West Bengal. Informative one Sun.

Farid Akhtar
ISC-Joined for fun but learn and earn.

#344589    Author: Sai      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 36     Date: 21/Aug/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

Ah well sir, I am, to be honest, feeling surprised that such details have found their way on to the ISC platform at last and you of all the members did it! Really a big thanks sir for the information sir. Well, here's what Andhra Pradesh can boast of about state animal, object etc.

State symbol:Poorna Kumbham
State Animal: Krishna Jinka or the black deer as far as I know
State flower: Something locally called as Kaluva Puvvu or Kaluva flower.
State Game: Kabaddi
State Bird: Not sure
State tree: Neem tree
State Dance: Kuchipudi
State SonG : Maa telugu Talli ki malle puvvu danda

I am aware of only these things and I may have to find out about the state bird using Google but thanks a lot for giving me a chance to check all these once again.

Hakuna Matata: Proact instead of reacting

#344626    Author: Dr. AT        Member Level: Diamond      Member Rank: 20     Date: 21/Aug/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

Hello Sun
To be frank, I googled for the state of Maharashtra - My state of Residence.
State Song : Jai Jai Maharashtra Majha
State Capital : Mumbai (Formerly known as Bombay)
State Language : Marathi
State Animal : Shekru (Giant Squirrel)
State Tree : Mango
State Bird : Green Necked Pigeon
State Game : Kabaddi
State Dance : Lavani
State Flower : Tamnan (Lagerstroemia flowers , Regine)
State website : http://maharashtra.gov.in/

Regards,
Dr. Apurva A. Tamhane
M.D. Homeopathy, C.C.H., C.G.O., C.C.M.
Homeopathy Physician

#344690    Author: Sun      Member Level: Platinum      Member Rank: 10     Date: 22/Aug/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

Sai and Dr. Apurva,
Nice to see the states coming up with their own important details about their states. So for we could see Tamilnadu, Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra.
I hope members from other state will also browze the net and post information about their respective states, to keep a consolidated record at ISC.

Members, Please cooperate to add information to this thread.

Regards,

#344696    Author: Chitra      Member Level: Diamond      Member Rank: 28     Date: 22/Aug/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

Hi Sun,

Here I have found out the details of my state Kerala. Tahnkyou for giving me an opportunity to know my state better and aslo teh otehr states of India.

State symbol: Coat of arms(the emblem portrays two elephants guarding the state and national insignias)
State Animal: Indian elephant
State flower: Kani Konna (Cassia fistula)
State Game: Kaalpandhu Kali (Football)
State Bird: Great Hornbill
State tree: Coconut tree
State Dance: Kathakali
State SonG : Sopana Sangeetham, or Nadan Pattukal (I'm not sure, any Keralites pls correct me)
State Festival : Onam
State Capital : Trivandrum
State Language : Malayalam

Dr. Apurva, you could have included your state symbol as well, as taht is important.

Regards
Chitra
"Do not give up, things might not favour you always"

#344697    Author: Kalyani        Member Level: Diamond      Member Rank: 37     Date: 22/Aug/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

@ Sai

The state bird of Andhra Pradesh is Paala Pitta - a type of bird which resembles the blue bird and this is known as the Indian Roller

Proud to see a Telugu boy of the present age, having such knowledge about his state

-----------------
Thanks & Regards
Kalyani

#344701    Author: Kamala      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 2048     Date: 22/Aug/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 0

@Sai

Andhra Pradesh State Bird is Paala Pitta.

#344742    Author: neelam joshi      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 1871     Date: 22/Aug/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

I am from uttrakhand It was really a nice post
state flower- brahmkamal
state bird- monal
state animal- musk dear
state tree- buransh

#344881    Author: Aditya Das      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 200     Date: 22/Aug/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Hi, I am from Odisha and the details are as follows:

State symbol: Stone carved horse from the Sun temple at Konark
State song: Vande utkala janani (odia)
State Capital : Bhubaneswar
State Language : Odia
State Animal : Sambar deer
State Bird : Blue jay
State Dance : Odissi
State Flower : Ashoka
State website : http://orissa.gov.in/

Regards,
Aditya Das
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Errors always show the lightened path of perfection'

#344883    Author: Sun      Member Level: Platinum      Member Rank: 10     Date: 22/Aug/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

Members,
Your responses are encouraging. This thread facilitate us to know the states of India and its importantance to the state animals, birds, art song, game symbol etc. I expect other members from other states to come up on this thread.

Regards,

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.

Return to Discussion Forum
Start new thread

Awards & Gifts
Active Members
TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.