Forums » Sports » Cricket »

Hashim Amla Vs Virat Kohli (ODI - who is better ?

Posted Date: 13 Sep 2012      Posted By:: Saurabhi     Member Level: Silver    Member Rank: 1974     Points: 5   Responses: 12

Guys see below statistics and let us know who is better player.

Hashim Amla

ODIs: 60
100s: 10 (6 ODIs/100)
50s: 18 (3.3 ODIs/50)
Average: 58.00
SR: 92.42
HS: 150 (129) Vs England at Southampton, 2012.

Virat Kohli

ODIs: 90
100s: 13 (6.92 ODIs/100)
50s: 21 (4.28 ODIs/50)
Average: 51.81
SR: 86.43
HS: 183 (148) Vs Pakistan at Mirpur, 2012.

I think Amla is better than Virat.He played most of the cricket in England,Australia.However Virat Kohli scored most of the run in Sub Continent.

Read related posts: Virat Kohli    Hashim Amla    

Responses

#351674    Author: Deepak Malik      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 1494     Date: 13/Sep/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Yes, looking at the statistics you can say so. But i dont think it's fair to compare two individuals in any field. these both have their own way of batting and their own technique. So, the most matters in cricket is form. And both of them are in superb form.

#351680    Author: Chitra      Member Level: Diamond      Member Rank: 27     Date: 13/Sep/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

Yes, as Deepak said from the above details we can conclude that Hashim Amla is better. But Virat Koli is one of my favorite players.

Regards
Chitra
"Do not give up, things might not favour you always"

#351690    Author: Balbir Singh      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 295     Date: 13/Sep/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

Dear Friend,
I think both players are best on their place. But i think Virat Kohli is best.

Believe in Yourself

#351694    Author: Ankur Garg      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 246     Date: 13/Sep/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 5

As per my opinion both are wonderful and rising players. It would not be right to disregard anyone on the basis of statistics as both players have different skills, techniques and attitude. Personally I feel that Hashim Amal is much strong as far as technique is concerned whereas Virat is still need to work on his technique. Because scoring good runs in International cricket is not enough and at a certain point of time you need to display you batting technique especially when you are playing in foreign countries like Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.

Further Virat has played some wonderful innings to ensure the victory of India so as a player we all love him. His enthusiasm and ability to score quickly is simply wonderful. Slowly and steadily he has established himself as a dangerous batsman for the opponent team. I would wish both Amal and Kohli to played well for their teams.

Warm Regards
Ankur Garg
Company Secretary and Compliance Officer

#351698    Author: Deepak Malik      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 1494     Date: 13/Sep/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

Amla is 29 years, 155 days.

while

Kohli is 23 years, 302 days.

Almost 6 years younger.

#351706    Author: Nithin      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 613     Date: 13/Sep/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

Dear Friend,
Amla is 29 and kohli is just 22. Amla debuted to the international scene in 2004 where Kohli was only palying his u-15 matches. So one advantage with Amla was experience in his side. Amla's record is only good when SA is winning . Kohli mean while has better even when the team is loosing. Kohli started his career as an opening batsman. Then had to bat at 5,6&7. Only in 2010-11 he again came into the top 4. So by the time Kohli will be 29 he will be having better stats than Amla considering the given form he is in.

Thank you,
Nithin

Thanking you,
Nithin Antony

#351755    Author: swapnil      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 11968     Date: 13/Sep/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

If you compare to age and killing attitude for all format of games,Virat Kohli is better than Hashim Amla.

#351758    Author: Pradeepraj R      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 251     Date: 13/Sep/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

My opinion is that Kohli is better than Amla. Kohli playing very well from the under 19 itself. He was the captain when India won the under 19 world cup for the second. Kohli centuries are worthful coming in the critical matches. He played in the Australian ground to make quick century to chase three hundred plus runs in less than fourty overs. He is the man of cricket. He played the best bowler Malinga who often bowl yorkerr. He player casually in his bowling. The matches are only in sub continent. Though he played there in England and Australia where he played for the first time. There should be some time to learn. His shot selection and face of the bat are good showing he is a great batsman. Amla is also good in cricket. But Kohli is equally good to him.

Regards,
Pradeepraj

#351760    Author: Sudhan      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 267     Date: 13/Sep/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

Hello friends,
I think that the players are class batsmen who are known for turning the games on there way. They are specialized strikers of ball who can place the ball well. It is absolutely difficult to determine who is the best but as of the time and comparison I think that Amla has the edge as of now over Kohli. But the things would change definitely in the future where the Indian cricketer would prove himself to be the best in the cricketing world. His unique style, rotating the ball and consistency has made him the best among the Indian players as of now. He is performing well in almost all the series in the recent times and his rank is going up and up in the recent period. Hope he gets to the top of the rankings soon after replacing Amla in the ODI rankings.

With Regards,
Sudhan A

"The greatest achievement comes from the biggest challenges"

#351838    Author: dipesh kumar agrawal      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 3690     Date: 13/Sep/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

thought amla is a senior player and has much more experience than kholi,there is no doubt that at present VIRAT KHOLI is a better ODI player :)

#352524    Author: anshuman rampal      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 0     Date: 15/Sep/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

Hi.
This is a very interesting question actually and i want to share that Hashim Amla is my fav. player, not from now, but from the time when S.A came to india and lost the matches 3-4 years ago. I think he is a far better player than virat kohli.
In my opinion, Kohli plays selfishly,he doesnt bother whether his team is on winning position or losing position, he just plays for his runs without taking risks. Moreover, he cant even play express fast bowlers properly. :)

#352784    Author: Rajneesh Gupta      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 503     Date: 16/Sep/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 5

Hashim amla and Virat kohli both are good players and have done a huge contribution for their respective teams. According to me both are best players and there is no comparison between them. Here are my some views about both of them.

1.HASHIM AMLA(SA)
This 29 years old opener of South Africa is this time the best batsman in ODI rankings with 871 ODI ratings. Starting his career in 2008, he first time got rank one in ODI cricket in 2010. From last two years his performance is very consistent. He has scored 2 centuries in 2012 yet, one against Sri-Lanka in Paarl(SA) and another against England in Southampton(ENG). He also owns the records of fastest man reaching 2000 runs in ODI in 40 innings and reaching 3000 runs in ODI in 59 innings.

2.Virat Kohli(IND)
There is no introduction needed for this young star from India. The vice captain of India Virat Kohli is this time the 2nd ranked top ten ODI batsman with 858 points. The number of centuries he scored in 2012 yet is 5. He is performing consistently in every format of cricket whether it is ODI, Test or T-20. His last 3 centuries include 1 against Sri-Lanka and 2 in asia cup against Pakistan and Bangladesh. The most thriller and outstanding was against Pakistan where he scored 183 off only 148 balls.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.