Forums » Sports » Cricket »

This Poll is not active any more.

Opinion Poll: Do Rahul Dravid really need to retire?

Poll Results

40%  Yes , offcourse
50%  No ,
10%  No comments

Total Votes: 10

Discuss: Do Rahul Dravid really need to retire?

Posted Date: 12 Mar 2012      Posted By:: Amal Baby     Member Level: Silver  Member Rank: 0     Points: 1   Responses: 10

This thread is to discuss the opinion poll topic 'Do Rahul Dravid really need to retire?'.

Responses

#300429    Author: Suryakant Laxman Raut      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 12/Mar/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Hi,
Rahul Dravid retired on accurate time and he had made good decision. He is very good player and Played well for India and retired on time. I think there is no late or early. He is talented player. And decision is also talented.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not failure but low aim is crime.

#300463    Author: siva prasad rao      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 0     Date: 12/Mar/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

May be yes, may be no.
For me it's a wise decision. To retire at the peak of your career is the best thing to do. Reason is people does not want you to retire then, and so your retirement will have a greater value.
A player should not till everyone in the world wants him to retire. Reason is that he loses respect. Now everyone can see that dravid is being praised by everyone. Had he waited for some two to three years, we would have responded in a different way on his retirement.
So, finally I feel that dravid has made a wise decision

#300465    Author: Ajai B Maliackal      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 60     Date: 12/Mar/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

Yes, he had made a good decision in implementing his retring from the international cricket. He has shown a good example for the youngsters and the players should make a role model of dravid so that they can play well in the Indian team. Sachin should look after the asia cup and he should retire from cricket after this cup, then only it will become a good understanding among the players side.

"Earning knowledge is by sharing it with ISC and we will rectify our mistakes."

#300500    Author: Amal Baby      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 0     Date: 12/Mar/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

Complete speech delivered by rahul dravid during his retirement, read my blog and comment guys http://rahuldravidretirement.blogspot.in/

#300543    Author: helpfulguy      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 12/Mar/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 5

Hello,
Rahul Dravid has been very prolific run scorer and a gentleman cricketer throughout his career. He has always been commanding utmost respect from Indian as well as opposite teams. But, all good things must come to an end and so did Rahul's distinguished career. One must remember that though Dravid is a thorough team-man, he is also a family man. How many of us can live away from family for almost half the year and for how long? Dravid's absence will also create a huge void in team's middle order but it was bound to happen and there is no better time to nurture a young talent for future. Hence, considering Dravid's situation on family as well as professional fronts, the decision he took seems very good. After all, Rahul is best judge of himself and if this judge has ruled in favor of retirement, so be it!
Regards,
helpfulguy

#300712    Author: Shanu K Moni      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 0     Date: 12/Mar/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

No. I dont think dravid has to retire now. No one is there still to replace rahul dravid. If dravid was there at crease he was able to break even sachin's record of centuries. When dravid stands in crease for batting, it was a fear bowlers.

#302373    Author: Sukhdev Singh      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 19/Mar/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

Dravid has alrady retired from the international test cricket. However, he will be playing the IPL matches.

"Teaching is my passion and sharing knowledge is my motto"
Regards,
Sukhdev Singh
Lead Editor Forums Section

#302487    Author: Puneet karajagi      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 0     Date: 19/Mar/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

I believe Rahul should have retired after the England series and not wait for the Australian tour. In any case this is a right decision and I saw it coming.

With this decision Dravid has made a statement to the selectors that it is time for change in Indian cricket, as we have lost eight consecutive overseas Test matches. 8-0 is never a good sign.

#302508    Author: Ramprasad      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 24     Date: 19/Mar/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

Well Rahul Dravid has already retired from International cricket but he will play IPL matches. Retiring from cricket is depends upon the player's own self decision. We can't force any player to neither continue nor retire from cricket. Rahul Dravid has served so much towards the nation and being responsible citizens of the country, we all have to welcome his decision. I think this thread need to be locked.

There are some things that money just cannot buy, like manners, morals and intelligence.

#302515    Author: K Mohan      Member Level: Platinum      Member Rank: 3     Date: 19/Mar/2012   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

I think a good player must bow out when he is in good ranks with the people and the board. That will make him a graceful exit. So what Dravid has done is right.

K Mohan
'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
Even this challenging situation would ease

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.

• Return to Discussion Forum
  • Start new thread

• Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.