Forums » ISC Announcements » Reward Programs »

Star of the Year award

Posted Date: 02 Mar 2009      Posted By:: Tony John Profile photo      Member Level: Gold  Member Rank: 4     Points: 1   Responses: 20

We recently introduced several awards to encourage new members in ISC. While we were busy encouraging new members, we did not offer much exciting programs for our existing members. This does not mean that we do not recognize the efforts from existing contributors. In order to bridge the gap and keep our existing stars motivated, we are introducing a new award program called:

Star of ISC

This award comes with Rs 250 cash credit and also a special stamp in their profile and their posts in ISC. The stamp will indicate that the person is a 'Star of ISC'. This will be an icon or image attached to their profile and forum footers etc.

The special stamp is not yet designed and not yet implemented. We will have it done in few weeks.

Any member who has been with ISC for few months and have significantly contributed towards the growth of ISC are eligible for this award. Some of the criteria we are looking for are:

1. Be proactive and help us identify potential issues before they become problems.

2. Continuously give us suggestions and take initiative to get it done. (Just giving lot of suggestions are not going to help us much. I have big collection of ideas already with us, but the help we need is in getting it implemented)

3. Be co operative, flexible and avoid conflicts with others. (Spending time to resolve issues between members is the last thing I want to do)

4. Follow the rules, be a role model for others

5. Help others to do their work. Guide others and keep them motivated.

The first set of awards go to:

1. Dr. Sanjeev
2. Ramkumar
3. Ankush Das
4. Dr. Sparsha

18 June 2009 Update: The Award amount is increased to Rs 1000.

30th December 2014 Update: The Award name has been changed to Star of the Year.

regards,
Tony John
Webmaster - IndiaStudyChannel.com

Responses

#62874    Author: csr20008      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 02/Mar/2009   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

It's nice programs for encouraging the existing members for their contributions.

Congratulations Dr.Sanjeev,Ramkumar,Ankush Das,Dr.Sparsha !

-Sudha

#62877    Author: ranganathan      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 02/Mar/2009   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

Thank you Tony, For encouraging new as well as old members by introducing various new payment programs to members. For the past few weeks I had found lot of encouragement from your side to the members by introducing many payment programs like google maps payment program,Thunderbird award and star award etc..Really these type of awards and honours will encourage all the members of ISC to contribute more and more.

Regards, ranganathan
join our useful communities

computer hardware community

Regards,Ranganathan Gold member of ISC

#62880    Author: ashish      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 02/Mar/2009   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

Congratulation to all winning members. I hop next set of winners will be exclusive of all these.

Keep \m/ing
A TRUE ISCian

#62891    Author: Nilesh      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 39     Date: 02/Mar/2009   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Hi Tony,

With this introduction of STAR Awards, I think member will get motivation and try to adhere to the rules of ISC and be in the race.

My heartily congratulations to all the four winners of the Star Award.

Nilesh Panchal
College Editor of IndiaStudyChannel
Your children will become what you are; So be what you want them to be.

#62925    Author: Mahesh      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 19     Date: 03/Mar/2009   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

Congratulations to the Star Award winners Team.

Thank you so much Tony for launching this award for members who are contributing lots of for ISC and those who are encouraging other members too. And the new members who have recently joined will also try to become the role model of ISC.

Once again, Wishing all the best to all winners.

Regards,
- Mahesh

Regards,
- Mahesh

#62929    Author: Vandana        Member Level: Platinum      Member Rank: 5     Date: 03/Mar/2009   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Tony,
I am glad not only at the announcement of the Awards but also at the names you shortlisted for these awards. I have seen their contributions and each and every one of them deserve it 100%. My best wishes and congrats to all of them!

Regards,
Vandana
Forum Editor

Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

#62944    Author: Dr.Sparsha      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 03/Mar/2009   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Hello Tony,

Thank you for the recognition and the award from all of us. This kind of recognition is a moral boost for not only us, the award winner but for all active contributing members. I am sure to see many star Iscians in near future. Longing to see ISC in top 100 in Alexa rank in India very soon.

Regards,
Dr. Sparsha

#62946    Author: Dr.Sanjeev(Sandy)      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 03/Mar/2009   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 5

First of all Congratulations to my fellow members who has been awarded with the highest honour of the site and thanks to all my well wishers, webmaster, editors and members who by virtue of which I has been awarded as a star of the site.

Adding to the announcement I would like to convey to all members that this award is not limited to the editors as many may get confused by seeing the names. This award is for those who had been and will be continuously active with their support with their contributions as well. A star means an ideal member who always contribute within the rules and help to make this site to grow bigger and bigger.

Star of ISC will be granted only once to a member, but that is not the end of the road for awards for any member, as we are always coming up with new awards continuously for both new and old members, so I expect from every one to give their best for their own site India study channel.

Dr. Sanjeev

#62948    Author: Sameer      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 03/Mar/2009   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Congratulations to all the Stars of ISC.

Thank you Tony Sir. It is a good way to award the contributors. This will surely boost up the enthusiasm of existing as well as new members.

-Regards,
Sameer

#62993    Author: Tara      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 03/Mar/2009   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

Hearty congratulations to all the STARS of ISC.

Active participation, commitment and contribution of all members in this site is highly appreciable. And finding a Twinkling STAR in this site is not so easy. Everyone is very much attached to this site.

Thank you Tony for announcing such a wonderful award.

Congratulations once again.

Regards,
Tara

#63050    Author: Harish Jharia      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 03/Mar/2009   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

Dear Dr. Sanjeev
Dear Ramkumar
Dear Ankush Das
Dear Dr. Sparsha

Congratulations for winning 'Star of ISC' award… I too have observed that all four stalwarts of you are making incessant efforts and doing real hard work for the benefit of the site and members.

At the same time you have worked a lot on guidelines-enforcement and eventually controlled unlawful activities on this site. I hope and wish that the rampant abuse of freedom on this site… posting cut/paste matter and copyright violation would be eliminated soon.

Thanks indeed and rejoice

Regards
Harish Jharia
3 March 2009

Regards,

Harish Jharia

#63053    Author: Radi      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 03/Mar/2009   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 0

Hearty congrats to all.

Regards,
Radi

#63054    Author: Dahina Sultana      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 0     Date: 03/Mar/2009   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Congratulations to all the Stars of ISC

Thank you so much Tony for launching this award for members of ISC.
This is a good encouragement to other members and the newly recently joined too. They will also try to become the role model of ISC.

#63061    Author: sathish chandrasekaran      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 03/Mar/2009   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

Dear Tony

Thanks for brining new awards everyday. Yes you are very right that we should never forget the old contributors just because we are busy encouraging the new comers like me. Yes you have proved your greatness once again by such great gestures. I like to thank all the star winners and the editors on winning this. I personally thank Mr. Tony for all his efforts.
Thanks
Sathish
ISC GOLD MEMBER
Voice of INDIA

#63143    Author: Ankush Das      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 03/Mar/2009   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 5

Hi all ISCians,
Thank You all for the responses. It is an amazing journey to be a part of IndiaStudyChannel and with each passing day it keeps on getting better and better. It is always a pleasure to be part of something quite high as the Star of ISC. My whole life is now centered around ISC. It is my second home and nothing less than that. All the members and admins are my family members. It feels great to be a role model for others and getting a chance to help other members. I have always felt happy when I am able to guide a member successfully which initiates the beginning of a new friendship. I have totally forgotten the count as I have made so many friends here in ISC. Hope the future holds more good friends for me in ISC.

Again thanks to Tony, ISC and all who have supported me and the other Stars to reach this level. Congratulations to them too.

Regards,
Ankush Das

#63200    Author: Dr. Pradip      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 0     Date: 03/Mar/2009   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

I have joined ISC just a few minutes back and am impressed!! Congrats to Sanjeev,sparsha,Ankush and Ramkumar for getiing the Star of ISC awards.Keep up the good work.regards.Dr.pradip

#63377    Author: Dr Sachine (Eye Retina Surgeon)      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 04/Mar/2009   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 0

Congrats to the winners for getting the Star of ISC awards.

#63417    Author: vibhor      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 04/Mar/2009   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

hello sir i am also new to ISC but the plan to give awards to the members is beautiful.it will increase the content posted on ISC.It would also encourage the members of ISC to work more and more and it will also improve the efficiency of there work.
Its my wish from the heart to earn something from ISC and the day i would earn something i would feel very happy.

May LORD KRISHNA Blesses you,
Vibhor Kalra.

#64002    Author: RK      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 06/Mar/2009   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Hi Tony,

This is really a great thought to recognise the star performers of ISC.

My hearty congratulations for the Maiden winning team of "Stars of ISC".

Regards,
RK - Some thing special

#64084    Author: pushpam      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 06/Mar/2009   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

congrats to all stars of ISC. really these stars are working and also shining like real stars.

India

Regards,
P

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.

• Return to Discussion Forum
  • Start new thread

• Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

Online Members

Rishi Raj
    More...

ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.