Jobs » IT Jobs in India »
Technotree Convergence Ltd is hiring SYSTEM TEST ENGINEER at Gurgaon
Posted Date: 02 Feb 2010 Posted By: suresh Member Level: Gold Points: 5
Category: IT Jobs in India
|Employer Name:||Technotree Convergence Ltd|
|Required Skills:||Functional Area : IT / Telecom - Software|
|Required Experience:||Min 5 years|
|Required Education:|| B.Tech/B.E., Master of Computer Applications (M.C.A.)|
|Job Location:||Gurgaon (View Jobs in Gurgaon)|
Want to get instant alerts about new jobs? Join us on Facebook
Job Description: Technotree Convergence Ltd is hiring SYSTEM TEST ENGINEER at Gurgaon
The Test Engineer is a member of the System Test team and is responsible for performing test activities as outlined by the System Test Technical Manager or his nominated representative. The Test Engineer will work closely with colleagues in Software development to ensure that a quality product is delivered to customers.
• Review of Requirement and Functional specifications
• Definition of Test Cases based on the Requirements Specifications and the Functional Specs
• Tests software releases during the System Test phase of the project.
• Reports test results and enters problems and issues into the defect tracking database. Monitors and updates bug reports as needed.
• Configures necessary hardware and operating environments as needed to complete assigned testing.
• Writes or assists in the development of test plans and test procedures.
• Documenting of Test objectives, Test Cases, Test reports etc
• Completes assigned test-related tasks.
• Assists in review of test processes as they are developed/improved
• Demonstrates the ability to analyse a problem and complete detailed reports.
• Shows initiative in gaining in-depth experience in areas of technology relevant to testing of products.
• Shows initiative in gaining theoretical knowledge in software testing.
• A technical degree qualification is a key requirement for this role
• Previous experience in the Telecoms Industry together with knowledge of Billing and Charging technologies
• Knowledge of some Telecom Standards and Protocols ( for example ASN1, SS7, IS41, SIGTRAN, SIP, Diameter, GSM, TDMA, SMSC protocols, Camel)
• Experience in testing on a UNIX (Sun Solaris) & Linux platforms is required
• Experience in testing on Relational Database platforms (especially SYBASE Server)
• Knowledge of Perl, UNIX scripting is required.
• Proven capability in MS Project and MS Excel with respect to Test Planning and tracking
• Experience in implementing and improving Software Test processes and procedures
• Experience in providing Test Metrics to management for large and small projects
• Quick learner with strong initiative & Technical Team Leadership capabilities. Works well in a team environment and alone.
• Has ability to adapt to the changing needs of a project.
• Has ability to meet deadlines.
• A willingness to undertake foreign travel where necessary.
• Strong English written and verbal communication skills.
• Multicultural working experience, ideally with a UK/Irish company.
• Project Management
• SS7 experience : Testing & configuring of Lab equipment
• Testing of Short Messaging SMPP products experience
• Experience in Testing of Tariffing of real-time calls
• Customer site installation/customer management experience
Tecnotree, founded in 1978, is one of the leading suppliers of Business and Operations Support Systems (BSS/OSS) and Value Added Services (VAS) for telecom operators worldwide.Tecnotree's mission is to make business flourish by serving telecommunication companies in every step of growth.
Find more jobs: IT Jobs in India
Join us on Facebook to get job notifications in your inbox
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...